Kaseya Community

Using Name Value Parts to get additional Custom Fields?

This question is answered

Is there someone out there who has successfully found a way to report on custom fields above 39?

We have around 200+ custom fields that we use for views (software versions and various machine conditions) and we would like to report on them as well.

Regards,

Nicklas

Changed to Question.
[edited by: Nicklas at 7:09 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 10, 2015]
Verified Answer
  • I had the same problem and started reducing the custom fields that I used before I learned about the custom data sets.

In theory you should be able to create custom data set using the vAuditMachineSummary database view and put it in the Custom Data Set Registration folder (..\Kaseya\xml\Reporting\Custom\DataSetRegistration\1).

Kaseya's Data Set used for the custom fields is located in the following folder;

"..\Kaseya\xml\Reporting\DataSetRegistration\1\Audit\vAuditMachineSummary.xml"

All Replies
  • I had the same problem and started reducing the custom fields that I used before I learned about the custom data sets.

In theory you should be able to create custom data set using the vAuditMachineSummary database view and put it in the Custom Data Set Registration folder (..\Kaseya\xml\Reporting\Custom\DataSetRegistration\1).

Kaseya's Data Set used for the custom fields is located in the following folder;

"..\Kaseya\xml\Reporting\DataSetRegistration\1\Audit\vAuditMachineSummary.xml"

• Seems legit. Thanks HardKnoX.

Is there any documentation on this? I understand what you're getting at, but not the entire database views thing.

Do you know if the added data sets are carried over in an upgrade of the VSA? Or do I need to make them again?

Nick

• I just use the legacy reports with the Aggregate tables.