Kaseya Community

Use custom field data in a 30 days report

This question is answered

Hello,

Before considering a feature request i was wondering if anyone stumbled upon a way to make reporting use the same custom field and measure changes in a historical chart.

What i mean is i have a custom field called "Antivirus UpToDate" with values YES and NO that are updated on daily bases by a script that reads windows security status (just like the new audit tab does since v9). I would like to show my manager the progress i am making in getting all system updated with the latest antivirus definitions by showing the COUNT of NO on daily bases.

Rather then just reporting the count daily it would be much more usefull if there was a way to make kaseya reporting use these daily results in a historical chart, but as mentioned i have no idea how to look up yesterday's data or if it is even possible to begin with.

Kind regards,

Tim

Verified Answer
  • not with what Kaseya has "In the box". If you are looking for historical data you're going to have to write that to a log file or database and reference that for your reporting. Other wise setup a sql connection in an excel spread sheet that you can run daily and have each sheet be a different day. Then when you send the report reference the data across all the sheets collected in a history graph.  

All Replies
  • not with what Kaseya has "In the box". If you are looking for historical data you're going to have to write that to a log file or database and reference that for your reporting. Other wise setup a sql connection in an excel spread sheet that you can run daily and have each sheet be a different day. Then when you send the report reference the data across all the sheets collected in a history graph.  

• writeprocedurelogentry would not work, because the script would actually have to run on all machines in order to write to the log, meaning i miss all offline machines in the report.

Thanks for confirming that there is no such function "in the box". I will submit this as a feature request.