Kaseya Community

Local admin accounts

This question is answered

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Kaseya to figure out if there are any local admin accounts on domain computers? I have several domains that I would like to get this information for and would love it if I didn't have to check each individual machine. 

Verified Answer
  • net user

with no other options will simply display a listing of *all* local user accounts... If you really only want to get the listing of ones that are admins, try

net localgroup administrators

Then remove any lines that have the domain\ in them.  What remains is a list of any local accounts that are administrators....

• LocalAdmins.xml

Agent procedures... You'll need to make a quick agent procedure to "ExecuteShellCommand" piping the results to a file,and then use "GetFile" to get the file back over to Kaseya... However having said that you would still have to look at each machine from kaseya to review the results...

However having said all of that....  There is actually an easier way than all of that... If you what you are looking for is members of the Local Administrators group on each machine, that information is already pulled into Kaseya via the Machine Summary Audit.  

You can simply make a report in InfoCenter to view that information for a group of machines, and it would probably be a lot easier.]

Attached you can find an example report template for reporting on that data from the audit summary fields.

All Replies
  • Write an agent procedure that runs the "net user" command and pipe out the output to a text file.

You can then either upload it against the agent Get File or you could create a custom event and put the contents of the text file in it as part of the description which you then can report on.

• I do not follow, I though Net User was for creating local accounts via Command Line.

• net user

with no other options will simply display a listing of *all* local user accounts... If you really only want to get the listing of ones that are admins, try

net localgroup administrators

Then remove any lines that have the domain\ in them.  What remains is a list of any local accounts that are administrators....

• I was unaware that you could do that. Pardon my further ignorance, but how would I go about setting Kaseya up to run that command, output to a file so that I could read it?

• LocalAdmins.xml

Agent procedures... You'll need to make a quick agent procedure to "ExecuteShellCommand" piping the results to a file,and then use "GetFile" to get the file back over to Kaseya... However having said that you would still have to look at each machine from kaseya to review the results...

However having said all of that....  There is actually an easier way than all of that... If you what you are looking for is members of the Local Administrators group on each machine, that information is already pulled into Kaseya via the Machine Summary Audit.  

You can simply make a report in InfoCenter to view that information for a group of machines, and it would probably be a lot easier.]

Attached you can find an example report template for reporting on that data from the audit summary fields.

• I actually just added another post here with a report template that can get that data out of what's already *in* kaseya... but it got moderated... I sent a message to Varun, hopefully it will get approved soon.