Kaseya Community

Add custom procedure to Audit (office 2013 key)

• Office 2013 key.zip

I wrote a script that gets the last 5 characters from an Office 2013 install and updates a custom field. However, i want this to run as part of the audit. Does anyone know if you can edit what happens when an audit is run? It would be even better if someone knew how i could add this custom field to the software licensing section. Are there any Kaseya gurus/devs that can tell me where i might find these options?

Here is everything you need to get the keys for Office 2013. Set up is included in the readme.

NOTES:

The included exe is a compiled AutoIt script (source included). If you don't trust the exe and would like to compile it yourself, download the latest version of AutoIt and right click the source file (lickey Office 2013.au3) and choose "Compile Script (x86)"

How it works:
    The exe runs a vbs script provided by Microsoft to get the key then puts it in a txt file that Kaseya can read. The exe deletes all files it creates during the process and kaseya deletes the exe when the script finishes so there’s nothing left behind. The VBS script only provides the last 5 characters of the license key (Microsoft limitation).

I'm sure there’s a way to do all this from cmd so we didn't have to download and run the AutoIt script but I like AutoIt and I couldn't find a simple way to do it from CMD. The actual command to get the key is:
    cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus

Added the line for clarity.
    [edited by: bcarlson at 1:13 PM (GMT -7) on Oct 2, 2014]
  • I'd like to get my hands on that script :)

• If you have audit running via Policy, you could also append this procedure in the same policy.