Kaseya Community

Filtering result on a Custom Field

• Hi,

We create 2 custom Filed in Kaseya Database.

Thist custom field store Date data in YYYY-MM-DD

We create report Part in the Audit/Machine Summary section.

And we want to filter the result of table with the "Date Filter Collumn" menu.

But we have just "Bios Data" in this menu ? How we can declare our Custom field to be use in the "Date Filter Collumn" ?

Thanks a lot.

Sébastien

• Did you set the field type as date for the custom fields? may not be necceassary

• Yes the 2 customs Field are with the date format selector.

• Hi Sébastien,

The Machine Summary data set defines all custom fields as strings and even though you may setup a custom field with a Date format it is not stored in our database as a Date data type.  The selection of Date as a "format" is only applicable to the way in which the field behaves in the User Interface when you are Editing the field (i.e. we present a Date picker control.  As such, you cannot define a custom field as a Date Filter, because it is not being returned to the reporting system as a Date it is being returned as a String.

I hope this explains why you are not seeing your custom field, and unfortunately I can offer no other suggestion except to submit a feature request to have this functionality added to the product.

Regards,

Matt Warburton

Kaseya Professional Services  

• Thanks a lot for this explanation.