Kaseya Community

New Report Templates coming your way!

• Attention Kaseya Customers on v6.3!

We are excited to announce that over the coming weeks and months, Kaseya will be delivering pre-defined Report Templates across the entire platform. The Templates will be delivered through the hot fix update process and the first set is scheduled to be available this week with many more to come. Please share your thoughts here on the initial set of templates and provide us some ideas and examples of other reports we should consider developing.

Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to your feedback!

Gerald

• That is fantastic! Do you have any information for what types of reports you will be providing? I want to check these out as soon as possible.

• Can you give more information about the content of the templates? Are there also part for creating custom templates?

• Sander,

All templates and report parts published by Kaseya can be copied and then customized to your needs.  You will see report parts published as part of these updates as well.

All the best,

Chad

• The first batch will include 4 new Report Templates and 11 new report parts. The first 4 templates are:

• Installed Security Programs
    • Microsoft Office Installed Programs
    • Microsoft Software Licenses
    • Top 10 Add|Remove Programs

Many, Many more to come!

Gerald

• Excellent news.....the more the better!

Any chance they wont be SHOUTING AT US IN UPPERCASE?

Stick out tongue

• Good to hear.

The more examples we get to easier it is to learn how to make our own custom ones.

If we can get updates after they are released with what is new that would be great.

• Thank you for doing this for us. The new reports are more than likely great, but a very steep learning curve. I can't wait to see what these look like.

• Yes, I'll continue to update this thread with the latest set of reports.

• I'm not sure if it's been requested before but a report showing ONLY agents that haven't checked in in the last 30 days would be amazing. I can't seem to get any report to show entries OVER 30 days, just under (which is the majority of them).

• Techworks,

Can you do this today with any reports, that has agents on it, and use the Views menu to filter out machines that meet your requirement.  I will let you give it a go and see if you can figure it out.  If you run into trouble, reply back here.

Chad

• Techworks,

You can do this today with any reports, that has agents on it, and use the Views menu to filter out machines that meet your requirement.  I will let you give it a go and see if you can figure it out.  If you run into trouble, reply back here.

Chad

small edit
    [edited by: Chad Gniffke at 3:29 PM (GMT -7) on Jul 22, 2013]
  • Techworks,

You need to create a view with Machine Status, HAVE NOT been online in the last 30 days. Then when you have that, you can just run an Executive Summary report with whatever columns you want.

Reports that would be helpful to VSA's...

Licensing (In general, is huge to MSPs and businesses- we don't like surprises!)

-A time based scope for identifying how many licenses need to be purchased for KES/KAM over the next year (based on the install date or expiration date for the KES/KAM installed clients)

-Identify Windows machines with Microsoft Office version installed

KES/KAM

-Viruses/threats removed in last x number of days

-Machine ID, version of KES/KAM installed, and the virus definitions version

-Machines that do not have KES/KAM installed

Also, it would be nice if we could customize the Executive Summary report a bit so that it is self-sufficient. We modify some data in it after we run it like adding custom fields to determine what should be replaced. If we could put these lines directly into the report so that when we run it, it is done, that would be a huge time saver.

Some of the existing reports are cool, but the format they come out in is horrid. An excel report shouldn't consist of 30 columns merged together. A lot of time is spent just trying to get out of that and into something cleaner. Anything that we can produce for clients, that we can be proud of, is a huge plus. I will have to try and think of more.

• The next set of reports are scheduled to be delivered via hotfix this week pending approval from QA. They are as follows: 

1. EVENT LOGS FREQUENCY - TOP 10 FREQUENT / RECENT / NEW ERRORS
    2. REMOTE CONTROL - SESSIONS COUNT / DURATION / DETAIL
    3. TOP 10 BANDWIDTH USAGE - APPLICATIONS
    4. TOP 10 BANDWIDTH USAGE - COMPUTERS
    5. EVENT SETS ASSIGNMENT

Gerald

• Please inform us when the hotfix is public, looks good!