Kaseya Community

Field names must be unique within a dataset

This question is answered

Wondered if anybody got this error when using the 6.3 report templates?

"There was an error during the render phase of the report generation. There was an error generating the document MACHINE COUNTS BY MACHINE GROUP There was an error generating the document MACHINE COUNTS BY MACHINE GROUP More than one field in the dataset ‘ds077ed82d6d1742d58461b88bb8c5977c’ has the name ‘vMachineId’. Field names must be unique within a dataset. "

This same error is happening with 6 or 7 of the report templates. I have skimmed through the 6.3 SSRS Installation guide but did not see anything that was obviously wrong and the Legacy reporting is working so the issue appears to be with the new Report Parts.

I have logged a ticket but they have never seen this error before and I have reapplied the Kpatches and the schema with no result.

Verified Answer
  • I fixed it last week and could not logon to update this because of the forum upgrade.

    The issue was cause by a missing SSRS 2008 role called "Everyone". I did not make the connection with this new role as I had two roles already configured and the document only showed two roles.

    I now have 3 roles one of them was used in 6.2 and now that I look at the 6.2 documentation I can't find this second role I have since 6.2 and I can remember adding this role after the last upgrade.

    If you run into this issue full details can be found on Page 17 for SQL 2008 of the SSRSGuide;

    help.kaseya.com/.../EN_SSRSguide63.pdf

All Replies
  • This almost looks like you have 2 machines with the same Machine_GroupID or agentGuid or some other 'should be unique' field.

    If you run this report on individual groups does it succeed? (vs. running the report with <all groups> selected)

    ---Chris

  • I fixed it last week and could not logon to update this because of the forum upgrade.

    The issue was cause by a missing SSRS 2008 role called "Everyone". I did not make the connection with this new role as I had two roles already configured and the document only showed two roles.

    I now have 3 roles one of them was used in 6.2 and now that I look at the 6.2 documentation I can't find this second role I have since 6.2 and I can remember adding this role after the last upgrade.

    If you run into this issue full details can be found on Page 17 for SQL 2008 of the SSRSGuide;

    help.kaseya.com/.../EN_SSRSguide63.pdf