Kaseya Community

Report Part for computers missing service packs

This question is answered
report.png

I'm trying to create a report part that will show me all computers that need service pack upgrades. I'm almost there but its showing me all applied and missing patches. What do i add so it only shows me missing patches?

Attached is screenshot of what i have so far. 

Verified Answer
  • Looks like they just added a new field that allows me to create the report. New field is called "Patch Applied Flag." I can filter based on this to only show missing patches.

All Replies
  • Elliot,

I believe you will want to use the dataset below that one. "Patch Status by Agent". You should see the missing patches and be able to group them, in a table report part, by agent.   Good luck.

• Chad,

The missing patches (failed, approved, or missing) column is just a count of how many are missing. It wont list the actual patch that is missing

• Think i figured it out. I need to do an advanced filter by install date.

If these column is empty then we know that patch hasn't been installed.

• Looks like they just added a new field that allows me to create the report. New field is called "Patch Applied Flag." I can filter based on this to only show missing patches.

• Elliot,

We continue to add more fields as needs come up. Please don't be shy in asking for a missing field in the dataset. As long as it makes sense to add it, I will make sure it gets done.

Thanks again!

• Thanks Chad!!

Whats the best way to request a new field? should i use this forum post?

• Chad,

I wanted to create a report for KAM to see any computers without KAM installed. I tried using the "Is Installed" to filter the report but it didnt work properly. I opened a support ticket and they told me "The report is looking at the KAM status tables, and an entry will only be created for an endpoint when an install is attempted." That seems kind of weird and misleading.

Is there any plans to add a field that will actually show whether KAM in installed (reguardless of whether you attempted the install or not)? I would also like to create same type of report for KES if possible.

If KES and KAM sections  can only pick up computer with that product installed maybe these fields could be added to the Audit section.

One more question, any plans to add Backup (BuDR) into the new reporting?

• Elliot, can you re post the missing service packs report part? The screen shot did not make it in the community transition.

Were you able so make headway on the report for computers without KAM installed?

Thank you,

Joe

• Service packs report.png

See attached image. 

Yes i created the missing KAM report. I created a script that checks for the existence of a KAM file within program files (doesnt matter which file you choose). If that file exists or not it will populate a custom field in kaseya. I added that report to my Policy management to run once a week on all computers. Then i created a report based on that field. 

* Can use the same technique for KES, KAM, BuDR or any other kaseya product. 

• Elliot,

Thanks, this is great!

Joe