Kaseya Community

Need Help With Reports 6.3

This question is answered

Hi,

I need a report that contains basically all of the information from the Service Desk - Ticket Report Part and a custom field called ChargeableTime (or any other custom field I've created would be good)

I am able to generate the report that contains the data I require using Legacy Reports but the format is not usable to me. From what I can see a new style report will give me the information in a table that I can easily use.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to create a new report part, name value part or use a combination of them to somehow generate the report.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Verified Answer
  • Good News Everyone!

Custom Fields, for Reporting in Service Desk, have been hot-fixed out.  Let me know how it goes.

All Replies
  • Johan,

Glad this will help.

Let me check on the HTML tags.  That is strange.

Chad

• Johan,

Glad to hear this will help.

Let me check on the HTML tags.

Chad

• Slightly off-topic, but the <p> tags seem to appear in the Organization Custom Fields as well, which I believe is a function of the new rich edit box that was placed there.

If you choose the "preformatted" option, it uses <pre> tags instead of <p> tags.

It's a bit of a trade-off in my book... formatted Custom Fields vs. the ability to pull the plain-text version of said Custom Fields directly from the database to be put into a report.  I'd vote "no formatting," but I'm sure others would disagree.  Perhaps a good compromise would be to, as part of the DB query that makes up that Dataset, have it strip out any HTML tags?  Wink

Oh, and look out... it appears that Chad has finally gotten his Cloning Machine working (albeit with some user state / timing issues) Smile

• Thank you Chad,

This new report is better than I ever imagined it would be.

I will test a few more reports when I get a spare minute over the next few days, but so far we couldn't be happier.

Brad

• I will look into the HTML tags. The issue is the rich text editors add them on the database and and we just send them to reporting which just displays them. I'll see if there something we can do to remove these extra tags for reporting.

-Charles

• @Brian HAHA!

I did post the reply 3 times, but each time the page would error out.  Apparently it was posting in the background Stick out tongue

Thanks for giving me a hard time!  I enjoy a little sarcasm.

Chad

[edited by: Chad Gniffke at 9:56 AM (GMT -7) on Mar 14, 2013] spelled Brian's name wrong (doh!)
  • Any update regarding those tags?