Kaseya Community

Excel Reports

• I searched and couldn't find a prior post on this topic. Why is it that all of the Excel reports created by Kaseya open with this warning:

The file you are trying to open, 'filename.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?

It's kind of annoying and prevents the spreadsheets from opening on an iPhone.

Along the same lines, does anyone know how to prevent having to enter all of the information to create a report twice? I make my criteria selection, then am prompted by the "are you sure you want to download a file" or whatever that warning is in IE, I click OK, but then it returns to the selection screen again without downloading the file. The second time it works. Again, stupid annoying thing I've been dealing with for over a year now and wonder if it will ever get fixed. I did add Kaseya.net to my trusted sites but no dice.

Thanks,

Jerry

• Hi Jerry, you should definitely raise a ticket for this so we can get it tracked for you and ensure your problem get's solved. I don't experience this problem on my own server, so it may be settings or environmental, support can help diagnose that. https://portal.kaseya.net/

• >>>The file you are trying to open, 'filename.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?

I can confirm that I have experienced this behavior also. Would be great if it didnt happen.

• I forgot to point out that although I receive the error, the spreadsheet does open on a PC with Excel loaded. So it's just a nuiscance really, and the inability to open it on my iPhone/iPad is becoming a bigger issue as I use those devices more and more often.

Also, I am on the SAAS version of Kaseya, so perhaps that is the difference from your experience Ray? I'll open a ticket...

• Hi Jerry, I understand your request a bit better now that you mentioned it opens ok on a PC with Excel loaded, thanks. It can be that the excel created actually contains links back to the report which may not be recognised in stripped down readers like those on mobile devices. So displaying the Excel reports on an iPhone would be considered a feature request at this point. We are already  working on updates to the use of the UI on mobile devices so this functionality may perhaps already be a part of those plans, but raising this as a feature request ticket (just raise a ticket as per normal but put Feature Request in the summary) would help answer that question.

Your second point about having to go back to the page twice to get the file downloaded is the part that I suggest you raise a ticket for, as that behaviour is abnormal and we need a ticket to find out why it's happening in your case and get it fixed. I would ask @lwolf to do the same. We can only get the issue fixed if we know what's causing it and getting the ticket raised is our only process to track that. Thanks for your help guys.

• Support helped me get IE to stop prompting twice for the download...it was just a security setting I overlooked. As for the Excel spreadsheet...it is being rendered as an html doc and thus isn't recognized by iOS. I'm told that a re-working of this is due out in 6.3. Does anyone know when 6.3 will be released?