Kaseya Community

Reporting/Info Center

This question is not answered

My DBA would like to see the following on the Upstream Audit - Security - MS SQL Instances report:

Is there any way to add another column that would include SQL edition? Such as Developer, Enterprise, Standard, Express etc..?

Would anyone know how/where I could find this data and include it in the report?

All Replies
  • Hello Scottie,

May be one way would be to populate a Custom Field in Kaseya by scheduling a Powershell to run on each machine with SQL Server (or on all machines)

$inst = (get-itemproperty 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server').InstalledInstances

foreach ($i in $inst)

{

$p = (Get-ItemProperty 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\Instance Names\SQL').$i

if ($v -ne "")

{

$v = $p + " - " +  (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\$p\Setup").Edition + " - " + (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\$p\Setup").Version

} else {

$v = ", " + $p + " - " +  (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\$p\Setup").Edition + " - " + (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\$p\Setup").Version

}

}

$v

And then add to your report a Report Part from the Machine Summary Info (for example) to get the output of the SQL Server edition that way.

Alex