Kaseya Community

Report on installed printers

This question is answered

Hi --

I'm using hosted Kaseya, and trying to create a report that list all of the computers, and for each computer provide a list of all the printers installed (local and network). Something like this:

Computer 1

• HP Laserjet xxx
  • Canon Pixma yyy
  • Reception printer on SERVER

Computer 2

• HP Inkjet xxx

I've looked through most of the reporting options -- Audit, Desktop Management, Inventory, etc. -- but I don't see any options for printers.

Thanks,

-- Jonathan

Verified Answer
  • Jonathan - The option that Joseph is talking about should be there even on the hosted.  Notice he doesn't say that you'll find it under the Report Templates, but rather that you have to create a *new* report template, and then you'll find the Printers under the Report *parts* once you start creating the new report template.

All Replies
  • Under report templates, audit folder, we have a AUDIT OF PRINTERS report which seems to be pretty close to what you are looking for.  Let me know if you don't have it and I will see what I can do to share it.

• Hi Jonathan —

I've never found an import or export option for Report Templates, but it shouldn't be too touch to create a new report template with the info you want.

1.  "Add" a new Report Template

2.  Name it

3.  Find "Report Parts -> Audit -> Printers" and drag it to the right pane to place it where you want it.

4.  Double-Click this pane (or click the gear icon on the bar) to configure that.

5.  Add your data.  For instance, I selected "Printer Name" and "Port Name"

6.  Next

7.  "Group By" Computer Name field

Another Next and Finish then "Preview" the report template to see if that gives you what you're looking for!

Best,

—Joseph

Minor edit.
    [edited by: TechJoe at 4:17 PM (GMT -8) on Jan 11, 2018]
  • Thank you GDRBrian and TechJoe, but my available options seem to be different than yours. Maybe because I'm on hosted Kaseya?  But the options under Report Templates / Audit are all about file shares, software, user accounts, or antivirus. There is nothing about printers.

• Jonathan - The option that Joseph is talking about should be there even on the hosted.  Notice he doesn't say that you'll find it under the Report Templates, but rather that you have to create a *new* report template, and then you'll find the Printers under the Report *parts* once you start creating the new report template.

• Ahhh... that's what I was missing.  Once I went to Configure & Design / Report Parts and expanded Audit, *then* I found a Printers option and was able to get what I needed.  Thank you all for your quick responses.

-- Jonathan