Kaseya Community

Domain Watch discovers clients but does not auto install agent

This question is not answered

Under Discovery-Domains-Domain Watch I've setup my first network.

Under the domains Agent Deployment tab I've enabled "Automatically install Agents when computer is discovered".

Under the Policies tab it is now listing harvested client PCs but it is not installing the Agent.

If I select the client and click Configure Computer Policy and change Computer Policy from "Do Not Include" to "Include" the agent will install, but how do I get it to install without having to perform this step.

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • James,

It sounds like you may want to investigate the Directory Services Feature Set.  This option will provide you with two additional tabs under Domain Watch > Policies to allow you to select an AD OU/Container or Group and assign the Agent Deployment policy to the entire container.  As new computers join the selected OU/Container, the Agent Deployment policy will be automatically applied to the discovered machine.  Without this Feature Set, you will see only two tabs (Computers and Users) and you will need to select each computer as its discovered to assign the agent deployment policy.

Your Customer Success Advocate (CSx) can provide you with information about the Directory Services Feature Set.  If you are unsure of who your CSx is, please email success.team@kaseya.com and the CSx team will assist.

All Replies
  • James,

It sounds like you may want to investigate the Directory Services Feature Set.  This option will provide you with two additional tabs under Domain Watch > Policies to allow you to select an AD OU/Container or Group and assign the Agent Deployment policy to the entire container.  As new computers join the selected OU/Container, the Agent Deployment policy will be automatically applied to the discovered machine.  Without this Feature Set, you will see only two tabs (Computers and Users) and you will need to select each computer as its discovered to assign the agent deployment policy.

Your Customer Success Advocate (CSx) can provide you with information about the Directory Services Feature Set.  If you are unsure of who your CSx is, please email success.team@kaseya.com and the CSx team will assist.