Kaseya Community

Symantec Endpoint Protection and Discovery

• Hi,

I'm looking for a client outside there which is using both Symantec Endpoint Protection on its servers

and also using Discovery - Intergrated KNM as we have a problem which rermains unsolved and is ongoing

for months now.

Would like to hear about the experience he has with the above mentioned products. 

thks in advance

• I have a client on SEP on their servers and workstations. I don't use KNM at that client's, but if you give me the details of your issue I can do some testing for you.

SEP is highly configurable, so it may be a setup issue with the options selected in SEPM, e.g. nmap.exe being blocked as a malicious program, for example....

• HI Graig

thkjs for you answer. the problem is that the discovery scan gets in "deepscanning mode" and never terminates until we restart the kaseya agent on the server on which we are doing the scan. Already tried with setting exclusions but nothing changes. Even have a client with eset nod32 and same thing happens. when starting nmap.exe manually there is no popup at all from any antivirus product.

removing the antivirus does not solve neither. Our Kserver even stayed unprotected until recently.

( as we prepared a whole new server for the 9.2 install )

rgds