I have a problem when installing a probe to discovery with LAN watch. Error details not specify the error source, but the log reports a failed copy to the client of libeay32.dll ( see the step in bold below). I just have re-installed Kaseya and discovery module but I'm obtaining the error in the screenshot.What can I do to install correctly lan watch programm and get a report ? and in secondary way, How can I find the script steps mentioned in the log ?
Tahnks to all community guys.
09:18:35 9-Mar-15 Quick Scan - Windows Script Summary: Failed THEN in step 1109:18:35 9-Mar-15 Quick Scan - Windows FAILED in THEN step 11, execute script LAN Watch Deployment Check (ID = 945)09:18:35 9-Mar-15 LAN Watch Deployment Check Script Summary: Failed ELSE in step 209:18:35 9-Mar-15 LAN Watch Deployment Check FAILED in ELSE step 2, execute script LAN Watch Deployment (ID = 944)09:18:35 9-Mar-15 LAN Watch Deployment Script Summary: Failed THEN in step 1009:18:35 9-Mar-15 LAN Watch Deployment FAILED in processing THEN step 10, Write Directory, with error File Open Failed, Source = C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\vsahiddenfiles\LanWatch\nmap-6.00\libeay32.dll, Destination = C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\0XXXXX30341574231139\LanWatch\libeay32.dll09:18:13 9-Mar-15 LAN Watch Deployment Check Nmap is not installed09:18:13 9-Mar-15 DNS Scan - Windows Script Summary: Success THEN09:18:13 9-Mar-15 DNS Scan - Windows Finished DNS Scan..09:18:10 9-Mar-15 Directory Monitoring Set-up - Windows Script Summary: Success ELSE09:18:10 9-Mar-15 Directory Monitoring Set-up - Windows Config file has not been found. Downloading...09:18:08 9-Mar-15 DNS Scan - Windows KPrtPng Command: c:\kworking\KPrtPng.exe -scan "192.168.253.0 192.168.253.255" "c:\kworking\LanWatch\temp\dns-out-664371283196085-11767218227119171137169793.xml"09:18:08 9-Mar-15 DNS Scan - Windows Started DNS Scan..
any response on this?
The underlying issue will be addressed in a future release.
To correct the problem on a server which has already been affected: -
1) run the installer again
2) select "install addons only" from Upgrade Options dialogue
3) select Discovery from addon module list
Please note - it is NOT required to reinstall VSA when installing patches. The "install addons only" option should be selected from the upgrade options, and "Kaseya Patch Process" selected from the addon list.
Kaseya VSA (Discovery module)
For me, this meant that I was missing the nman-6.0 directory on the VSA. I was able to find this, and following the instructions was able to get that error to go away and get everything working again. Here are the steps that I used:
I followed the steps as described but in the agent log I have the following errmsg :
Time Agent Proc Admin
8:47:10 am 4-Mar-16 Quick Scan - Windows firstname.lastname@example.org
Script Summary: Failed THEN in step 17
FAILED in processing THEN step 17, Execute File, with error File or Directory Not Found, C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\WSLT9903224898364280\LanWatch\nmap.exe nmap -PE -sn -oX "C:\Waslet\KaseyaAgent\LanWatch\temp\nmapps-out-135942819545019-19651334187116559818717165.xml" 10.0.8-15.0-255 --exclude 18.104.22.168
8:47:08 am 4-Mar-16 Quick Scan - Windows email@example.com
NMAP Command: nmap -PE -sn -oX "C:\Waslet\KaseyaAgent\LanWatch\temp\nmapps-out-135942819545019-19651334187116559818717165.xml" 10.0.8-15.0-255 --exclude 22.214.171.124
when I execute the command manually files are getting created successfully.
discovery module goes in "error" state.
This is an indication that AntiVirus or another security program is hindering the discovery process.
Please review the following KB for this:
The error message you provided is indicating that the Kaseya Agent is unable to obtain the scan output files (ex: nmapps-out-xxxxxxx.xml).
in respect with the other ticket the Anti-virus does not seems to be the culprit as since +/- 3 weeks now the discovery process is terminating and is showing each time the progress bar of the discovery scan. The Antivirus
was removed from the server - the discovery started working - we re-installed the Antivirus and the discovery is still working except as explained in the other forum post ===> totals of discovery don't match with the numbers of agents when looking at tha VSA Agents status page.
the big difference is that when looking at the userprofiles folder and subsequent the corresponding subfolder of the agent used for the discovery scan ==> some new / addtional files are being created. Based on the support ticket some rights were modified for IUSR users...etc
I know you recently migrated servers, so ensuring that IUSR and IIS_USR are associated to the migrated folders would be a really good idea.
Additionally, ensuring exclusions in both the Endpoint AV and Server AV would be best practice.
Below is a guide to exclude the SQL Files:
Ensure any Kaseya Related files are excluded, also any IIS/MSMQ directories that may be leveraged should be excluded.
These failures really come down to file locks or other applications blocking the process.
Process Explorer is a great application to use to debug what may be locking/blocking files.
Below is a great tutorial on how to use this to trace .DLL files but the same can be done for .xml or nmap related files: