Kaseya Community

KND noNetwork - disable impossible

This question is not answered

Hi there,

Someone can tell me why is impossible to disable the atumatic creation of noNetwork. And Why is needful.

Thanks

Alfonso

Verified Answer
  • Hi Alfonso,

This "NoNetwork" is simply a container that is generated due to Automatic Network Harvest being disabled.

Previously with "Automatic Network Harvest" setting disabled, it would cause newly deployed agents to not show up in the LAN Watch by Probe/Network page.

As such, since "Automatic Network Harvest" is disabled - newly discovered Agents will be dropped into this "NoNetwork" container until they are created into their own respective network.

This will always occur if the Automatic Network Harvest setting is disabled, and there is no way to consolidate agents into a specific network with this disabled.

If you would like agents to be consolidated into the same networks, without a "NoNetwork" group - this network will need to be deleted and "Automatic Network Harvest" will need to be enabled.

However, please note that once "Automatic Network Harvest" is enabled - several "unnamed" networks will be created. This is by design as the Kaseya Server will now use already obtained information to create networks based on currently installed agents IP address and CIDR. All that is required is to provide a meaningful name for the newly created networks and apply any other desired settings/changes.

Kind Regards,

Nicolas

All Replies
  • Hi Alfonso,

This "NoNetwork" is simply a container that is generated due to Automatic Network Harvest being disabled.

Previously with "Automatic Network Harvest" setting disabled, it would cause newly deployed agents to not show up in the LAN Watch by Probe/Network page.

As such, since "Automatic Network Harvest" is disabled - newly discovered Agents will be dropped into this "NoNetwork" container until they are created into their own respective network.

This will always occur if the Automatic Network Harvest setting is disabled, and there is no way to consolidate agents into a specific network with this disabled.

If you would like agents to be consolidated into the same networks, without a "NoNetwork" group - this network will need to be deleted and "Automatic Network Harvest" will need to be enabled.

However, please note that once "Automatic Network Harvest" is enabled - several "unnamed" networks will be created. This is by design as the Kaseya Server will now use already obtained information to create networks based on currently installed agents IP address and CIDR. All that is required is to provide a meaningful name for the newly created networks and apply any other desired settings/changes.

Kind Regards,

Nicolas

• This is not a solution. I am in a situation where I want NO INFORMATION entered into Discovery unless I manually run a scan. To have Discovery information entered into a NoNetwork stage is not acceptable.

• We are having same problem. It seems that Kaseya is pushing new codes out without testing them properly. In the past couple of years, as far as I can recall, new features have been pledged by bugs. Just tired of creating tickets and spending countless amount of hours on what seems to be a systematic problem with QC.