Kaseya Community

LAN Watch by Network 'unnamed' Networks

This question is not answered

Hey folks,

I figured out some strange behavior in the LAN Watch by Network module.

Maybe some of you had seen this before and know how to get rid of it.

According to my regular networks there are (automatically) generated networks, all named ‚unnamed‘.

These networks have all different gateways, scan ranges and subnet masks. The Org Id‘s and Org Name’s are mostly the same, belonging to my company. Anyhow there is one ‚unnamed network‘ that belongs to one of our customers organisations.

If I have a closer look onto the networks there are in mostly every network machines with different group id listed as Network Agents.

Any ideas by what this is caused?

Regards,

Sven

All Replies
  • I'm seeing the same thing. I have an open ticket with support right now trying to get all of these cleared out and started fresh so we can use Discovery the right way. When I go through and delete devices out of the Discovered Devices view, then go back to LAN Watch, delete those items, more and more items pop-up in the unnamed group. This is even with harvesting disabled.

• Same thing here, I get it cleaned up and bang, I've got every network at least doubled.  Makes working with the new network module almost impossible.

• We are on 6.5 and have this issue as well.  I am about to open a support ticket on it, as discovery is pretty much unusable.

• What's most likely happening is multiple agents are reporting different networks and "Automatic Network Harvest" is turned on (Discovery > Settings page). Discovery takes the the network information (internal IP, subnet mask, connection gateway) and groups the agents by that criteria. If an agent endpoint, for example, were to leave the original network (e.g. Work Network) and go to another network (e.g. Home Network), it will report the new network as a managed Network in Lan Watch by Network page.

You can turn this option off complete and Discovery will not automatically create Network containers for you or you can find all the endpoints that can jump networks (e.g. laptops, mobile endpoints, etc..) and disable then in the Network Scan process (Lan Watch by Probe page, select the device(s), and click on "Ignore in Network Scan").

Best practice is to find the devices using a Filter View and ignore them in the network scan process but either of the above two options will help resolve the issue.

More info:

www.youtube.com/watch

community.kaseya.com/.../82727.aspx