Kaseya Community

Kaseya Agent Temp Monitoring folder

This question is not answered

It appears that nmap and other binaries that are used by KND leave log files behind that accumulate in C:\AgentTemp\monitoring in folders named bin, work and data.  I have had monitoring enabled for just over two weeks and there are many files in the work directory.  There are also tosn of file in the C:\AgentTemp\monitoring\data\nmapscans folder.  In this folder there are over 5,000 files.  Granted each is only a few K in size but I think over time these files will add up.  By my poor math, I have had KND running for 14 days.  Deviding 158MB (current size of the C:\AgentTemp\monitoring folder) by 14 days, I get 11.2MB.  Let's round that down to 10MB for easy math.  That's 10MB per day, multiplied by 365 days would give me 3,650 MB this folder will grow in a year, or 3.65 GB. 

OK now for the question.  Does this folder get cleaned up automatically?  If not is it safe to run our own script to remove files older than say 7 days?  Could someone please exaplin what these files are used for and what can be done to maintain file/folder size.

All Replies
  • Good find.  Just checked it on the internal server I have it testing on and there are nearly 30 thousand xml files accounting for 1.6 GB of data.  It's been running on there for 2 months to the day and I simply can't afford that use of disk space.

Looking forward to a quick answer from one of the Kaseya guys on this one.  Can't see any reason not to empty the folder but will wait a couple of days to see an official answer.

• The build-up of the temp files is a bug that is being worked on at this point.  I've double-checked with our KND developers who have confirmed it is safe to delete the KND files in the temp directory.  A pending fix (no timeline at this point, but it is being addressed) will force KND to clean up after itself.

rjkanejr - regarding your question of what these files do:  they are used to store the ping results the collector finds when 'discovering' what's on your network.  The information is collected, temporarily stored, processed, and then (ideally) removed.

Our developers are working on the file cleanup piece, but for the time being, an automated script to delete the files is your best bet.