Kaseya Community

System Requirements - 1000-1500 agents

• Hello all,

We're looking at purchasing a new on-premises Kaseya server and I'm just looking for some input. The Kaseya system requirements are very poorly laid out in my opinion (3x74GB raid 5? That's soooo five years ago :P).

Questions:

1) At what point do people recommend splitting the front/back end? It seems that with the ridiculous server specs available now, this shouldn't be necessary for all but the largest deployments.

2) What kind of disk IOPS (both read/write) should we expect with 1500 or so agents? I'd like to use 10K SAS/Raid 10. Recommended spindle count?

3) What about ram?

Thanks in advance,

Jesse

• My personal opinion is that I don't recommend people split their KServers until they get to at minimum 2500 seats and more often that not, 5000.  It's just not necessary. For 1500 seats I would recommend 12G memory, though 16G would be better.  I'll defer to others for your other questions.

• We are running ours on split on 2 virtual machines on a Hyper-V Host

IBM System x3650 M3 -[7945G2M]-

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5640  @ 2.67GHz

36GB Of RAM

RAID 10 SAS

The Kaseya server only has 4GB of Memory and the SQL server has 8GB both seem to run fine resource wise and we have near a +1000 agents.

• One of my 6.2 servers is running on:

HP ProLiant DL 380 G5

(8) Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5460 @ 3.16GHz, Model 23 Stepping 6

12GB of RAM

Can't remember the disk setup but I think it's RAID 5.  

This server was initially setup for testing but we've ended up with 4.5k agents on it.  

The thing to bear in mind is what modules will you be running?  If it's just the core one's then you don't need the most powerful server in the world but each module you add on will bring extra overheads to your server.  Our other servers are running on Hyper-V setups on much more powerful hosts and the most important addition is as many disks as you can throw at it.  Make sure and spread your OS, databases & log files across the disks as this makes a heck of a difference to performance.