Kaseya Community

Trying to update to 7.0 - Can't

This question is answered

Trying to update to 7.0 as I have the upgrade available.  Kaseya helpdesk is not responding or helping me, and when I call for status I end up waiting forever then get dumped into a voicemail claiming they will call me back.

Anyhow, maybe someone out here can help me.. I've ran the System check, did the fix it for the port numbers/etc.. but I'm getting these errors:

(Port Check) This system has the required ports free?   The following ports were tested: 80:Not Available  443: Not Available
(Windows Firewall Configuration) Is Windows Firewall Configured Correctly?  The following rules are configured: HTTP IN: Missing  HTTP: OUT: Missing HTTPS IN: Missing HTTPS OUT: Missing Default Agent TCP IN: Missing  Default Agent TCP OUT: Missing  Default Agent UDP IN: Missing  Default Agent UDP OUT: Missing

There's a "Fix it" option for the firewall, but it tells me the previous error needs to be fixed first..  There is no fix it for the port check.  I've ran netstat and 80 and 443 are not listening on the server.

I've also done the reboot, retry, etc... 

Corrected wording
[edited by: cclos at 7:23 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 19, 2014]
Verified Answer
  • Make sure you have Java 32-bit and Java 64-bit installed on the server, 7.60 version.

• Our support team looked into this and it seems that you submitted your critical ticket as a severity 4, which is the lowest of the severities within our system. You should have submitted with Severity 1.

Regardless, I believe the support team got in touch with you. If you haven't heard from them, shoot me a note.

All Replies
  • Make sure you have Java 32-bit and Java 64-bit installed on the server, 7.60 version.

• Well, not the direct answer, but indirectly it was.  Back when there were java security flaws we had disabled (used agent protection) java completely until the patch came out.  Apparently the kaseya server itself still had the block left over and it must never have cleared out (I was getting file access errors on java.exe/etc).  Once I readded the block, then removed it, it cleared it and I was able to use java again.

So after that the port check ran fine!! Must have been running a java applet.

• Our support team looked into this and it seems that you submitted your critical ticket as a severity 4, which is the lowest of the severities within our system. You should have submitted with Severity 1.

Regardless, I believe the support team got in touch with you. If you haven't heard from them, shoot me a note.

• For anyone running into this issue going directly from 6.5 to R8 (i.e. you've never had Java installed on your web frontend server before)...

If you install Java and try to run KInstall, you will fail the "Port Check" even after running the "Fix It."  IIS bindings will show 18081 only, and a netstat -aon will also likely reveal that there's not anything listening on 80 or 443.

The trick to fixing this?  Reboot after you install Java.  Then run KInstall after the reboot.  Assuming your Java is not blocked (per above), the Port Check should pass.

• but...but...but.... My precious uptime will be ruined!!!

IISRESET will achieve the same result. (well, did for us) without a reboot.