Platform: openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64)
Have generated a KcsSetup.sh as per http://help.kaseya.com/WebHelp/EN/VSA/6020000/index.htm?toc.htm?6908.htm
Linux takes the same options (plus a few others, mostly for debugging, like -V -D). The options can also be either -x (Linux way) or /x (Windows way). The rest of the options should be OK.
Good to see you around these parts! Let me see what I can do to get some help for you.
:) Hi, Brendan! Kind of a strange error: I think it's that the options string is appropriate for Windows but not for Linux. Probably just needs some kind of translation.
Hope all is well with you.
I have an answer to relay for you: You are right that when you use the /p switch you need to specify a linux path, however you can use the default /opt/Kaseya. Can you try with those options and report back?
UPDATE: You can also make the installer run in a more verbose manner this way "KcsSetup.sh -V -D" This might be useful for troubleshooting.
I took away all the options except /g and /a, and even then it wouldn't parse correctly.
Got the idea that perhaps the KaSetupArgs size was messed up: set it to the length of the options line, then the length of the options line plus (or minus) one.
Reran KcsSetup.sh and it created all the files except KaSetupArgs, which I created by hand in /opt/Kaseya/etc .
Not sure if the AgentMon will actually work OK, but at least now it's there and when run by hand gives syntax errors running the samba 'net' command. This is an improvement. :)
> I took away all the options except /g and /a, and even then it wouldn't parse correctly.
Did you recreate a new KcsSetup.sh or edit the existing one? If you edited the existing one then you're probably correct that the KaSetup_Args size field was wrong.
> Reran KcsSetup.sh and it created all the files except KaSetupArgs...
These options get read by the binary portion of the installer and no associated disk file is needed (or used).
> Not sure if the AgentMon will actually work OK...
If the binary part of the installer works then AgentMon should. They have about the same dynamic dependencies. If it doesn't work, let me know and I can tell you how to turn on some verbose diagnostics.
Gordon Prieur - Linux Agent development team
I tried 3 times to create a new KcsSetup.sh with a different options line. All of them had the parsing problem. I eventually resorted to hand editing and tried about a half dozen combinations before I stumbled upon changing the size.
In fact the AgentMon works, except that it tries to look in the Registry (which obviously doesn't exist under Linux), and it throws syntax errors for using the 'net' commands (which I presume is happening because the net commands are being pulled from a Windows configuration rather than linux).
Thank you for your help, Gordon and Brendan!