Kaseya Community

License management with ConnectWise and Kaseya

This question is answered

[I see this forum's "remember me" still has amnesia...]

One of the things I looked for when implementing our PSA/RMM solution was software license usage auditing (e.g., Microsoft Office user licenses). I liked what I saw for that in N-able more than any other, but obviously it wasn’t my final choice.

So, I’ve been running ConnectWise and Kaseya for a while now, and never did find a solution I was happy with. I can apply licenses manually to individual users in ConnectWise, but I’m not aware of a way to audit that usage compared to actual licenses. I can scan systems in Kaseya and get a report of all the systems a given license key is on, but it’s not a particularly useful report, as the license keys don’t necessarily correspond to software actually installed or users using it.

Am I missing something obvious, or is there simply no there there? Is there no practical PSA/RMM-based license management solution?

/kenw

Ken Wallewein

K&M Systems Integration Ltd.

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hi Ken,

Software Licensing and Metering (usage) etc is coming in Asset Management to be delivered in 2011 (likely summer)

Hope that helps.

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 7:42 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] changed 2010 to 2011
  • Thanks for that answer... ah, do you perhaps mean 2011, not 2010?

/kenw

• updated my post to have 2011.  Good catch.  

• BTW, any idea what the pricing model will be for people like us who have been on Kaseya for a couple of years already?

/kenw

[edited by: Ken Wallewein at 7:31 AM (GMT -8) on 12-22-2010] typo