Kaseya Community

Why Not Monitoring Event: 20 and Event: 11729?

• From my readings on which Windows events to monitor, I cannot find references to where MSP are monitoring these two events:.

Event: 20 - Windows Update Agent - Windows failed to install the following update with error
    Event: 11729 - MsiInstaller - Configuration failed

I realize that these event generate a lot of 'noise', but should we not be monitoring and remediate?

• ,   The key word is “noise”.   I would suggest that you set up an event set monitor, but only use the Alarm.   Let it run for a month, and then go back and see how many events were generated.   Then decide if the monitoring is worth the amount of tickets that are created.

• I actually triggered Emails to a Gmail account instead.
    For 50 PCs there were 119 Event=20 and 82 Event=11729.
    I agree that this is a large number of occurrences to deal with.
    However, should the number of occurrences be the most important factor to consider?
    For example, we would not want to consider 200 occurrences, or even a much smaller number, regarding HD errors to be 'noise'.
    We would want to be alerted and then work towards resolutions, correct?

I think that what I am asking is why are the following ignored, regardless of the number of occurrences?

Event: 20 - Windows Update Agent - Windows failed to install the following update with error
    Event: 11729 - MsiInstaller - Configuration failed

• Are the 'issues' going to resolve themselves?
    • Are they informational only?

If there was only one occurrence, therefore not considered 'noise', how how would we resolve the two events?