Kaseya Community

Kaspersky is not compatible with latest Windows 10 build 1803

• Just to let you know, Kaspersky is not compatible with latest Windows 10 build 1803. Please don’t update any Windows 10 machines with this new build also deny patches for window 10 from kaseya.

Thanks,

Pawan

• here we go again

• how long will it take for them to address this..?

and what happens to a computer that gets upgraded?

• There is no ETA from Kaseya.

If Kaspersky installed on the system that not allowing to this Build but if somehow it installed then system goes to freeze stage.

Thanks,

Pawan

• What's a good way to ensure 1803 is blocked from going in (but not other updates) until this is fixed?

• There's a thread about this under the KAV forum as well.  

• Why is this always a surprise to Kaseya? A very simple test could have revealed this months ago by installing a test build of this Feature Update.

Sure it can be blamed on Microsoft or Kaspersky, but our partner is Kaseya and we trust in them. I hope they will not sit and wait for things to happen from Kaspersky but actively seek an solution for their customers.

• We have had a few machines die because of this, so have just pushed out a registry change to switch our machines to Semi-Annual Channel (aka Business Ready) which should delay this update for a few months.

For those interested the registry change is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings

set BranchReadinessLevel=x20 for Semi-Annual Channel

reset BranchReadinessLevel=x10 for Semi-Annual Channel (targeted)

Still in testing to see if this worked

• We did some testing yesterday and it appears that if a machine has the previous version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security (10.2.5.3201) installed, Windows upgrade to 1803 completes without errors and the machine continues to work fine after that. It is definitely the latest Endpoint release (10.3.0.6294) that causes the problem. Note that once Win 10 1803 is installed on a machine, running the Endpoint update on it through Kaseya will end up in a freeze as Kaspersky will be updated to 10.3.0.6294.

Interestingly, Endopoint Security 11, which is already available on Kaspersky website, seems to work without any problems.

• Thanks for the info, I have tested this on a couple of my problem systems and it seems to work for me.  Now, All I did was set it to x20, I am assuming that the reset is for after we get a fix?

pfugges

We have had a few machines die because of this, so have just pushed out a registry change to switch our machines to Semi-Annual Channel (aka Business Ready) which should delay this update for a few months.

For those interested the registry change is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings

set BranchReadinessLevel=x20 for Semi-Annual Channel

reset BranchReadinessLevel=x10 for Semi-Annual Channel (targeted)

Still in testing to see if this worked

Clarification on what I did
    [edited by: bud.manz at 10:39 AM (GMT -7) on May 3, 2018]
  • You need to go to patch management module and there select the Approval by policy and then select policy and deny/turn off windows 10 updates until further notice

Thanks,

Pawan

• I've been told a patch for 9.5 will enable the new compatible Kaspersky versions for the Win10 1803 version. That should become available this week, nicely timed to have some good news during Connect...