Kaseya Community

DNS Filtering and Content Filtering Solutions/integration

• I see this topic has been mentioned before but not recently.

Are there any updates or information as to if Kaseya has any plan for implementing a module for DNS filtering and Content Filtering?  If they have no intention of a module, add-on or other solution are there any MSP orientated white box solutions others are using that have customization abilities for each of our clients and is easily managed?  Currently we are looking at a possible solution from Hoplite, but it appears to have several limitations (it also has no integration with VSA).  Also don't want to break the bank since as usual clients always seem to moan when you mention prices for their safety!

Appreciate the feedback in advance!

Mark

• Mark,

I was just looking at the forums to see if it made sense to join the community and saw this post. Did you end up going with Hoplite? There are a lot of options when it comes to just DNS and content filtering depending on your needs. We help MSPs who want to do that, but value education and analyst support as well. Let me know if I can help since we've done our homework on other providers as well.

Andrew

• Andrew,

Yes we are currently trying the Hoplite solution with a couple of our larger clients and so far is doing well for them which is great as these clients can afford this type of solution.  Our general problem thou is we have a very large contingency of small clients 2-10 computers and these clients can't or won't pay for a pricier solution.  Its those clients we are still searching for a reasonably priced yet functional solution.  It also seems the smaller organizations are the ones who ask the most about content filtering!  But they want little do do with it rather relying on our services and support - hence the delima "want the world for cheap...lol"  So a content filtering solution that worked at the workstation level, controlled via a VSA module, with custom profiles for each organization and then multiple profiles within each organization seems to be what they want.  The more I consult with clients the more I have a very good idea what they would like but have yet to locate something like that which is affordable at the small business level.

Mark

• Mark,

Pricing is always tricky for smaller clients! I wasn't able to find much about Hoplite's pricing, but we are rather straightforward for MSPs: $2 per user per month. There is a Jumpstart program which may help your case with a few larger clients and many smaller. The challenge I see with your need is deploying on the network as opposed to the workstation. This allows for easy deployment, however, that would have content filtering by IP range instead. It might be a fair comprise with the price and an agent on our roadmap for early next year. I don't know of any other low-cost solutions that would provide that either.

Andrew