Kaseya Community

6.3 Reporting - how to retrieve the last entry in the agent procedure log for a specific procedure

This question is answered

Hello all.  I am relatively new to Kaseya.  The reporting tool leaves a lot to be desired and as a SaaS user, I am restricted from the RDBMS.  I am attempting to develop a report part that depicts ONLY the most recent Agent Procedure Log entry for a specific Procedure.  The procedure captures a file from the agent machine into a variable then writes the variable to the Agent Procedure Log.  I want the log entry on a report but I do not want any history - just the most current entry.

The report part can query for the Top N but I am not able to specify less than two.  In SQL I'd simply sort by the date descending and retrieve the TOP 1.

Any thoughts?

Verified Answer
  • I would add a column in your report for log time and set the aggregate to MAX.  

I made a report that if a certain folder was ever found it would write in the agent logs so I could report off of it.  This customer has 400+agents that I needed to see for this folder.  I only wanted to know the latest log entry so I made a report and added a column for procedure step description and filtered my exact phrase that was in the logs.  Then I added another column for log time, and set the aggregate to MAX.  I found this only shows me the last log entry for that particular phrase that I filtered for.  Maybe change your report to do this?  If you need more help send me an E-mail and I might be able to send you screen shots.

RN

All Replies
  • I would also like to know how to do this. I run a Procedure that logs the status of different services. Through when I first made it we wanted to know history. We would also like to know now what the last status that was reported. I would filter by date. But only column/data field I can find starts with time.

• I would add a column in your report for log time and set the aggregate to MAX.  

I made a report that if a certain folder was ever found it would write in the agent logs so I could report off of it.  This customer has 400+agents that I needed to see for this folder.  I only wanted to know the latest log entry so I made a report and added a column for procedure step description and filtered my exact phrase that was in the logs.  Then I added another column for log time, and set the aggregate to MAX.  I found this only shows me the last log entry for that particular phrase that I filtered for.  Maybe change your report to do this?  If you need more help send me an E-mail and I might be able to send you screen shots.

RN

• Thanks, Ryan.  Makes perfect sense.  I'll give that a shot.

Cris

• Ok Let me know if you need any more help.

• Ryan, that is really close. but some how I still ended up with 2 per. Down from 15...

• DL did you ever figure it out?  I would suggest changing how your filtering the information.  Filter the exact phrase your looking for in the logs.  My guess is your getting two phrases that are almost identical.  

• Ryan,

Yes I think I got what I was looking for. You are correct, I had 2 var that were close it each other.

Thanks for the help

• No problem!