Kaseya Community

Set credentials Change

This question is answered

Here's a weird one, I have two servers on two separate domains with two completely different admin passwords saved in set credentials who have both apparently changed their set credentials spontaneously to the same username, same password, and even the same domain (that both of them are not members of). 

Both machines are at two locations miles a part.

Both had it happen at the same time and as far I can see no scripts ran that would even come close to changing the set credentials

The only thing that might change is this: 

KES Change/Update ran right before the check free space failed and thats what caught my attention to the set credentials being wrong...

Any ideas what could cause this?

Verified Answer
  • Sounds like something that may have been enacted via Policy Management?

All Replies
  • Sounds like something that may have been enacted via Policy Management?

• Thanks Ben, I should said that I have no policies that dedicate credentials... which sucks... I checked that twice. Because you're totally right, that would do it... but I don't have any.

• Ben! You were right! Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but there was a policy that was hidden from my user level that was in fact trying to set some out dated set credential.. once i had it removed... POOF. Issue resolved. Thanks!