Kaseya Community

Disable Mass Storage USB -- MAC

• I have a script that will disable mass storage USB on windows. Anyone have a script that will work for mac?

On page 51 of this document it descibes how to do it but the folder it is referring to doesn't exist http://images.apple.com/support/security/guides/docs/SnowLeopard_Security_Config_v10.6.pdf

• I have not attempted this, but this thread pretty much has the same info you found already: discussions.apple.com/.../3336822

Secure delete the file (if it's there) then run a "touch" on the folder one level higher to tell OSX to delete and rebuild cache files. Note: you don't need to use "sudo" with the Kaseya agent.

• Thanks ill give that a try. I realized the path didnt exist because i was using an older OS. I believe it only exists for snow leopard +

• #SMason,

If this is the command i want to run, how would i write that in a kaseya script:

cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext ~/backup/

sudo srm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo reboot

Would i use the execute command shell steps and just remove "sudo" from each line?

• Yep, seems like that will work fine. The first step is making a backup of the file, so if things get weird, you can re-copy it back to the original folder:

cp /System/Library/Extensions/backup/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext ..