Kaseya Community

forming an MSP peer group

• hello

i am looking to form an MSP peer group and would like to know if anyone here is interested.

The purpose of the group is to meet like-minded individuals in similar but non-competing businesses, and exchange ideas, suggestions, ask for advice, and help us all grow our practices and be more profitable.

This group will not be focused around any one product such as Kaseya, Autotask, Connectwise, etc. Rather, it will consist of owners or c-level executives at mid-sized MSP's ($2-5mm/gross revenue or 15-30 staff) spanning different toolsets and in different cities. 

It will be a private group and there will be strict rules for membership including a very serious non-compete and non-circumvent contract ensuring we all respect each others' clients. As well, future applicants will have to be approved by any MSP's in nearby cities.

Initially my thoughts are to have a discussion forum (perhaps our own site, perhaps through something like linkedin), a group conference call a few times a year, maybe quarterly, and of course the members can talk amongst themselves as needed.

This will again be focused on best practices, services, and experience. It will NOT be any of the following:

a place for newbie or startup MSP's to learn

a vendor showcase for marketing to us

a place for the really big MSP's (mindshift, allcovered, etc)

If you are interested in learning more and possibly joining (or making suggestions as well) please drop me a line and let me know. Alternatively, if you know of existing MSP groups like this, please also let me know. no need to reinvent the wheel.

• Would be interested in this.

Are you aware of ayesak.com?  Not as focused as you are talking about but along the same lines.

• Alistair see www.linkedin.com/groups