Kaseya Community

Best Practises - Moving / Migrating to K6.3

This question is not answered

Hi All,

We have a old kaseya 6.0 server, and have a new server with 6.3 installed, and ready to go.

Due to the state of our legacy server, i dont want to completely migrate, i would rather do each client one by one and make sure we only migrate active machines etc. This will allow me to tidy things up in the process.

What I'm wondering is, is there a best practises guide or walkthrough for kaseya server migrations? I'm not going to be moving the SQL database etc, rather changing the logon server for each agent, company by company.

Any help much appreciated

Adam

All Replies
  • The process of migrating agents from one Kserver to another is accomplished in a three step process. They are listed below:

1. On the NEW Kserver verify the dns or ip address is correct in the system module > configure page > check external name / IP address of the Kserver

2. On the NEW Kserver verify the dns or ip address is correct in the agent module > check in control page

3. On the OLD Kserver verify the dns or ip address is correct in the agent module > check in control page

Prior to making these changes I would verify the new dns or ip address resolves correctly to the new Kserver

Hope that helps