Kaseya Community

Exceeding license use...

• From time to time, we have unexpected growth and I end up running out of agent licenses. Since we're still under the 100 agent cap that prevents us from ordering licenses directly, it takes days if not weeks to purchase additional licenses (I've tried more than one provider, I think the problem is @ Kaseya).

I'd like to either have a method to order additional licenses via a website with a MUCH faster turn around (like immediate!), but if that's not possible adding some type of temp grace period where we are allowed to add (and use) agents beyond the license number would be hugely appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Exceeding license use...,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Zestysoft
  • I have had this same problem, with needing more agents than I am licensed for, but only for a short period, like a month. But the answer from Kaseya has been a flat no. I think they need to revamp their whole license control so that I can have a proper DR solution too.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kelwaysupport
  • I remember from the conference that Kaseya was talking about adding the ability to purchase licenses directly from the portal, and then you'd get a very fast turn around on licenses when you need it. I do not know when they were planning on implement this, but since it directly involves them getting revenue, I'm willing to bet it will be soon!

As far as borrowing licenses, once you buy in, get what you need (including covering for overages). Some vendors allow you to fudge over their license limit, some don't. I see that Kaseya is in the later category. And since they make money on selling licenses, I can't bust their chops about not loaning temp licenses (or selling temp licenses) since they are in business to make money. I would believe this would defeat their current selling model.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • You're right in that we don't offer "temp licenses" because identifying those as different from a live agent becomes very tricky. We do have a new tiered licensing structure that allows you to buy a more specific number of licenses. Depending on which product you have you can also buy in smaller increments to add on to your existing licensing.

The best thing to do is contact your Account Manager about this to understand how the tiering works.

Legacy Posted By Username: brendan.cosgrove