email@example.comI find the way Kaseya treats alarms to be too basic and restrictive, and would really love to have the following features:
1. A way to set severity of alarms (informational, low, meduim, critical, etc) and the ability to specify these in event/monitor/snmp sets.
2. Have alarms auto-close if the alarm condition is no longer true - eg offline agent comes back online. Possibly these would stay in the alarm queue by have a status of "auto closed by Kserver"
3. A way to ignore the alarm for x hours/days or forever.
4. A global setting to send only critical alerts to a specified email address, which we could use to email an after hours on-call technician
5. An acknowledged/in progress by - we don't have an integrated ticketing system, so it would be nice to know what alarms are being worked on without checking our ticket queue.
6. The ability to create an alert from a script without having to use a workaround such as event create.
I recall the auto-close was a feature early in v5 development but was dropped. I think one of the main problems with this version was that you couldn't manually close alarms (I remember have hundreds of alarms open that could not be closed)
garryHaving to manually close alarms when the corresponding ticket is closed is a real pain.