Kaseya Community

Google Chrome support needed desperately

• I am aging prematurely waiting for pages to load in Internet Explorer.
    Creating tickets in Service Desk now adds at least 5 extra minutes per ticket created, because of the agonizing slowness. It's not a server issue totally, but it is a IE issue.
    When using google chrome, the parts of Kaseya that do work are speedy. I actually run Service Desk in google Chrome and now I am saving time.
    Of course remote control and live connect I use IE and loose that time so I am probably breaking even, but I wouldn't be if you would just support the better browser.

Legacy Forum Name: Google Chrome support needed desperately,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pnorman
  • I would just like the UI to be speedy in whatever browser peopel choose to use. We shouldnt be forced to use different browsers to run specific applications, Kaseya need to make sure that the application is speedy with:-

IE - as its the default browser that ships with Windows
    Any other browser people care to use

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • PeterS
    I would just like the UI to be speedy in whatever browser peopel choose to use. We shouldnt be forced to use different browsers to run specific applications, Kaseya need to make sure that the application is speedy with:-

IE - as its the default browser that ships with Windows
    Any other browser people care to use

I agree with you 100%.
    But because of the extreme slowness I have to seek other options. Creating tickets was literally wasting time on IE as I have to wait for every single refresh of the page. It is maddening.
    As I see Kaseya listening very little to its customers, asking them to make it speedier in IE will happen abaout as fast as support for google chrome which is more likely never.

I

• It could be worse. In opera, you can't even log into the K2 interface. at least you could in the 5.x versions...

Legacy Posted By Username: red
  • We are stuck with IE until Kaseya dumps ActiveX controls.

I don't see this ever happening, but if it happened today, it wouldn't be soon enough.

Legacy Posted By Username: Scott Nally
  • I did here from a developer that support for Google Chrome is in the works, but no ETA.

• You guys could all not waste anymore of your time and start using Chrome Plus. My shop uses it for everything Kaseya and it works flawlessly. You do not get prompted for Active X downloads or anything else. It just WORKS!

You can thank me later. I understand IE is shipped with Windows but if you are using Kaseya you are most likely involved in the IT industry enough that you could adopt a much more secure browser and of course the fastest browser in town... CHROMIUM FTW

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • chromium.jpg
    First of all, Chrome blows.

Second of all, unless you are running some IE addin, you can not run ActiveX controls in Chrome.

• I do believe he said Chrome Plus??

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I tried downloading Chrome plus from a few sites but Malwarebytes always blocks the site! So, is this chrome plus legitimate or not?

Legacy Posted By Username: BryanWithPCCare
  • boudj
    I do believe he said Chrome Plus??

My screenshot is from Chrome Plus.

• That doesn't look like Chrome Plus to me... a few of the icons are different.

You can find Chrome Plus at http://www.chromeplus.org/
    Also when opening your KServer in it, there is an icon on the right side of the URL that you can click to put it in IE mode. If you right click that same icon, you can tell the browser to always open certain sites in IE mode. I switched over to Chrome Plus recently and haven't looked back (I had been using IE and Firefox for various tasks in Kaseya).

Legacy Posted By Username: kevinmcc23
  • Your comment that Chrome blows is very misinformed and sounds a bit uneducated. Chrome is the most secure and fastest browser in the world. It handles HTML5, Java, KASEYA and ActiveX flawlessly. I cannot force you to use it but don't comment on something you know nothing about. Your parents should have taught you that if you have nothing constructive to say then don't say anything at all.

Legacy Posted By Username: VNET
  • Yes, ChromePlus does work with Kaseya/ActiveX, but not natively. This is where this thread is heading.

I am running ChromePlus with IETab to get all the features of Kaseya running in "Chrome". However, this is not native Chrome, it is IE running on top of Chrome.

I have also noticed a few bugs that ChromePlus/IETab is not able to handle: (There are in K2008.)
    - Click on a machine's icon to pull up the machine's page. (Not sure what it's officially called.) From there, go to Pending Scripts and then click on "Click to Schedule New Script". This is supposed to open a new, small window to choose the script. Mine opens a full tab.
    - I cannot Import Scripts. I open the Import window (actually, new tab again), but then ChromePlus freezes and I have to force close.
    - All other "little popup windows" from Kaseya also appear as full tabs.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Calm down Jay. If Chrome works for you, that's great.

For me, Chrome is no faster than Firefox and I find the minimalist approach lacking.