Kaseya Community

SNMP Collection/Alarm operator

• The Performance Monitoring sets have Collection and Alarm Operator conditions of equal, not equal, over and under.

The SNMP sets only allow for equal, not equal and changed.

I think it would be very useful for SNMP monitoring to include the over and under operators, e.g. UPS monitoring for percentage of load utilised - we would like to know if it exceeds a certain value (i.e. over), at the moment we can set it to Alarm if it achieves a particular value but what if it jumps to a higher value and we thus miss the set value?

Paul

Legacy Forum Name: SNMP Collection/Alarm operator,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Paul@Kadec
  • I'm not sure but, is it specified as an integer or string? If it's a string then over and under is not possible. Change it to an integer, I changed it by changing the MIB file.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lalbers
  • The UPS load was an example - it is an integer. The problem is say we set an Alarm condition for when load is at 50% of capacity. Someone plugs a new device into a UPS powered rack and the load jumps from 45% to 60% - at no point is it equal to our 50% Alarm value so we are not alerted. If the Alarm operator allowed for over 50% then we are OK.

I can understand that some SNMP data is string based and an over and under would not be logical.

Paul

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Paul@Kadec