Kaseya Community

A mobile version of Kaseya

• With pretty much everyone utilize smartphones in this industry, I'd like to see the PDA type functionality extended for the rest of Kaseya. Because of the layout of Kasey this should be pretty easy.

1) Login
    2) Show only the items from the top menu (Home, Audit, Scripts, ....)
    3) When the top item is selected show the left menu only (eg. Run Audit, System Info, etc. if Audit was clicked).
    4) Next show the machine or group you want to select if applcable.
    5) Show the final main screen where the work is done.

Legacy Forum Name: A mobile version of Kaseya,
    Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Not a bad idea! We heavily use the ticketing features of K and would like to be able to do simple things like close a ticket from our phone (or change the status, assignee, etc...).

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I agree! Very handy indeed!

Legacy Posted By Username: David2201
  • All, You can use the Kaseya API to create a ticketing interface now. I believe there is one company already doing this in beta. Google for k-mobile.

Legacy Posted By Username: rdwilkerson
  • You know... it always irrates me when someone give bread crumbs instead of an answer!

http://ncare.com/Kmobile/tabid/68/Default.aspx

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Guys,

Sorry for the dealyed response. We have created a mobile BETA version of Kaseya for access to basic information via a PDA. K-mobile is using all the functionality that the Kaseya API supplies at this point. As the API grows, so will K-mobile. Basic information as well as machine filters are available. Tickets and alarms are available as well, however, due to current Kaseya API, we can only return all tickets regardless of status. For the beta version, we have restricted to 20 tickets and alarms. Once Kaseya gives us the ability to query only open alarms and tickets via the API, then we will implement this functionality.

K-mobile was originally developed for the iPhone. If you don't have an iPhone but want to see how it renders, download Safari and check it out. WE have also been using it on Blackberries but the rendering is much more simplistic because of the BB browser. Windows Mobile is still in development. Although it will render in a WM browser, its not great. We are working on the style sheets for this.

The reason we developed K-mobile was out of necessity. I wanted our engineers to have a quick way to look into a machine (RAM, Service Tags etc.) without opening a laptop. We all seem to be glued to our PDAs and this was a good use of the Kaseya API.

In addition to showing just the basics, we can filter machines by RAM, OS, disk space etc. This functionality really helps when sitting in an executive summary meeting and needing quick look at a group of machines.

As K-mobile is in BETA and we are working on its completion between development projects, we have opened up the system for testing. Please remember that it is still a work in process and also please send feedback and feature requests to info@ncare.com

Also, please be aware that we know about rendering problems on Windows Mobile. We are working on that. I do recommend that you check it out on an iPhone if possible.

HOW TO ACCESS:

1) You must be running Kaseya 2008 SP1 with the latest hotfix.
    2) Your Kaseya server must be accessible from the Internet. SSL is fine.
    3) You must enable web services on your Kaseya server. Do this under System > Configure > Check the API web services box.
    4) Navigate to https://mobile.nxconnect.com on your mobile device.
    5) Register and verify your address. (We do not use your email for anything but for sending you update information)

FAQ:

How do you access my server?

We use the built in Kaseya API to relay information from your Kserver to your handheld device.

Is it safe?

Yes, we use the same encryption algorithum that Kaseya uses to athenticate your username and password. This is required to use the API. We talk to your PDA via SSL. The connection to your Kaseya server is based on how you access your server from the Internet (http or https)

Do you store any information?

No. We only relay information from your server to the handset. No credientials are stored.

How much does it cost to use this service?

Nothing. At this point K-mobile is free to use. Once the beta period is over, we will take a look then. In the meantime ... enjoy.

Who is Nexxtep?

We are a software development shop located in Georgia that also provides MSP services. We have been using Kaseya for 3 years. We think that Kaseya is the best of breed on the market. With the introduction of the API, we think that Kaseya will become a great platform to extend our offerings as well as develop useful applications for the MSP communtity. We are always looking for new projects to help the community, if you have a need, let me know.

More information about K-mobile and Nexxtep can be found here:

http://www.ncare.com/Kmobile/tabid/68/default.aspx

Thanks,

Stuart
    savera@ncare.com

Legacy Posted By Username: sjavera
  • I just log into my K-Server with my iPhone without any other plug in's. have full access to everything but remote control.

Legacy Posted By Username: Russell
  • Hi Russell,
    I've never been able to log into my k-server with safari on my iPhone 3G -- I get to the logon screen but the continue button doesn't do anything. Was there a trick to getting this to work?

Legacy Posted By Username: ScottMcConville
  • Very slick! Now, since I use a WM device, I realize it doesn't look as nice as I woulk like it, but it definately beats logging into K directly from my phone. Keep up the great work!

~Dave

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • ScottMcConville
    Hi Russell,
    I've never been able to log into my k-server with safari on my iPhone 3G -- I get to the logon screen but the continue button doesn't do anything. Was there a trick to getting this to work?

Anyone know what the answer to this question is? With K2 I still get the same response (or lack thereof).

Legacy Posted By Username: jbechard
  • This app hasn't been tested on K2.

Anyone seen an updated API from Kaseya? It would be nice to add some long requested features to this application.

Richard
    rbaker@ncare.com

Legacy Posted By Username: techie2
  • jbechard
    Anyone know what the answer to this question is? With K2 I still get the same response (or lack thereof).

Running the most recent OS version?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I am in the process of updating K-mobile to a new and improved version using a new framework that should increase speed and reliability. We have been busy building web mobile front ends for other platforms (Connectwise etc) and have made our way back to Kaseya. I know that the vendors have promised iPhone apps for these products but this development has filled a need until their apps becomes available.

We have not tested with the newest version of Kaseya yet but will soon with the next release. I understand that many more APIs are available so I am excited.

Many have asked why a web app and not a native app. Well, the newer development frameworks have really made the look and feel differences of native vs web almost transparent. I personally think that the web apps are the direction that all vendors will go eventually. Also, with Andriod becoming a competitor to the iPhone, we want K-mobile to render to both.

I appreciate the feedback and enhancement requests we have received. This was a "proof of concept" early on and continues to be a pet project.

Stay tuned for an update.

-Stuart

Legacy Posted By Username: sjavera
  • Hey there, I just got an iphone 3G yesterday and wanted to test this with our Kserver. I've tried the process listed above but it does not let me log in. Is this currently down due to testing and improvements?

Legacy Posted By Username: ccarter@eresources.com
  • ccarter, did you follow the steps from post 6 in this thread?

i don't see that's you've registered yet.

if you need further help, email us at info@ncare.com

Thanks,
    Richard

Legacy Posted By Username: techie2