Kaseya Community

Can't Remote in with WinVNC or K-VNC

• Has anyone had any instances where you can't remote in with WinVNC or K-VNC? We have a laptop that will say "connected" but the remote screen doesn't show up. I brought it back to the office. When K-VNC goes to connect, I see a DOS Window that says "Run in Service Mode". I opened a ticket with Support, but thought I'd post it in case someone knows the work-around.
    I can use Terminal-Service, but would prefer to use WinVNC or K-VNC.

Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: Can't Remote in with WinVNC or K-VNC,
    Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • Do you have a policy in place that shuts down the firewall when on the domain but when outside of the domain the firewall is up? That was the reason for me.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Have you tried to reinstall the remote software? This usually works for us.

Legacy Posted By Username: mattb@ghentcomputer.com
  • We had problems with the RDP but VNC worked. I had to uninstall the agent and reinstall the agent. Doing a forced update did nothing to help.

Grant

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • I tried Uninstll of VNC through Add/Remove, Kaseya, etc. I also removed the McAfee TPS AV/Firewall, WIndows Firewall is turned off... It will say connected, should have remote control - but I never get the remote screen to pop-up.

• billmccl
    I tried Uninstll of VNC through Add/Remove, Kaseya, etc. I also removed the McAfee TPS AV/Firewall, WIndows Firewall is turned off... It will say connected, should have remote control - but I never get the remote screen to pop-up.

Are you able to send scripts to this machine? can you see when users are logged in?

• Yes. I can run scripts, I can Remote in with VNC if I select Terminal Services...

Thanks!

• Found out that Cybersitter is running on the PC. Does anyone know what Port # VNC uses? This might be what's blocking it and the program has an "Allow Ports" section.

Thanks!

• billmccl
    Found out that Cybersitter is running on the PC. Does anyone know what Port # VNC uses? This might be what's blocking it and the program has an "Allow Ports" section.

Thanks!

I know TS through Kaseya uses port 9100. Could always try that.

• billmccl
    Found out that Cybersitter is running on the PC. Does anyone know what Port # VNC uses? This might be what's blocking it and the program has an "Allow Ports" section.

Thanks!

I just forgot about checking the VNC server settings lol....defaults are to allow com on port 5900