Kaseya Community

Safe Boot Window

• Having just experienced a KES patch putting a server into a 'Reboot Required' State and also had a couple of Patches whcih have required re-boots as well I think it would be great if we could define a 'Safe boot' window for each system.

i.e.
    For each server we define a period when we know it is 'safe' to re-boot a server. Something like:

10:00pm to 04:00am daily or 08:00am to 10:00am Sunday

If a KES,or other patch, set the server to a 'ReBoot Required' state the system would check the 'Safe Boot' period and then assign a reboot for the first available window. So the server is only rebooted if required and the reboots only take place in a defined period for each server.

This would greatly help with automation but also keep us fully in control of when things happen.

Legacy Forum Name: Safe Boot Window,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • Peter,

Doesn't patching already handle this with the second option: Reboot [Day] at [Time] after install. I don't know about KES as I don't have it running, but it seems as though your request could be done with the option already there.

or maybe missed something?

~Dave

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Hi Dave

Yes patching does have this,so it wasnt a good example. The key one though is for KES,where some updates do require a server re-boot, at the moment they just sit there with a Pending Reboot message. So I wanted a way of making sure that any KES patch which demanded a re-boot could be fully implemented without me having do do anything..

Cheers

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS