Kaseya Community

File Source setting based on Machine Group

• I think it would make sense to apply the patching file source setting based on the machine group it's located in instead of individual machines. This way if and when I move a machine into said group, the file source information is automatically configured.

Legacy Forum Name: File Source setting based on Machine Group,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lowray1975
  • An option for this would be nice but I would also still like to be able to customize the settings on each individual machine.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • I also think it would be nice to have both options available. It's just another step to be missed right now when setting up a new agent, and anything we can automate I'm all for. Also I would want to retain the ability to customize settings for some agents, such as some that might be at a remote location with a local file server. No reason to dump files over a VPN or get them from the internet in that case.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • Something like a default setting for each group but then the option to change individual settings would be perfect.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • Dearest Kaseya,

Do you think this will make it into the next release of Kaseya? It's something that would truly make our lives administrating Kaseya much easier. You can think of it as your Christmas to us.

Thank you!

Legacy Posted By Username: lowray1975
  • I like this idea.

On the File Source selection, you could have in addition to Dowload from Internet etc, Inherit from Machine Group.

Then we could assign properties to machine groups.
    -Friendly Name
    -File Source
    -Contact Details
    -Set Credential
    -Check In Properties
    -Log Settings
    etc

Think of it as making the machine group an agent template, that has an option to force the inheritence of these items when a machine is put into the group.

Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan Coulthard
  • I also can see many benefits in this feature, and would really like to see it as an option in future releases!

Legacy Posted By Username: adam.zollenkopf