Kaseya Community

Remote Command Prompt

• This was concluded under another thread refering to it as "Remote Shell Commands", which initially confused some people. This could be easily accomplished through Telnet, we just need the KServer to manage the connection so we dont need to forward ports to get through the firewalls.

I cant think of anything more valuable... We use psexec \\remotemachine cmd every day, but you have to get "on network" with the client by remoting into another machine first... would be a great way to offer allot of support without displacing the user.

This was a feature in the original "Back Oriphus" hacking tool. It can be pretty powerful.

Legacy Forum Name: Remote Command Prompt,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kfeathers
  • I agree - the ability to send a PowerShell command to a computer straight from the Kaseya interface would be fantastic!

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • All our engineers agree that a Remote Command Prompt would be invaluable. Frankly, it seems like it is way overdue.

Legacy Posted By Username: LouieJ
  • Ditto everyone one this one!!!

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • agreed, this would be extremely beneficial!

Legacy Posted By Username: james@williswhite.co.nz
  • I would think this would be fairly easy for Kaseya to do if they used a telnet daemon on the client end and telnet client on the remoting end. All they would need to do is pipe the IP traffic through the Kaseya connection like they do now with FTP and VNC.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca