Kaseya Community

Database Views: Patch source

• I would love... LOVE... to be able to get the configured patch source via a scripted Database Views call.

Scenario: Rolling out something like, say, the Java runtime. Instead of creating a site-specific script or downloading the runtime installer to each of several dozen computers, I could check to see if File.version.exe is in #vAgentConfiguration.PatchSource# and run a script to place it there if not, then run the installer from that patch source location. (The download script will, of course, alert me if the source is "KServer" so I can take appropriate action.)

Please? Pretty please?

Legacy Forum Name: Database Views: Patch source,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • VERY good idea! I'd love this functionality!

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • You can create your own Kaseya Views which can pull any of the data out of the ksubscribers database. Once you create the view you want, you can then access that data inside of a script the same way you utilize the standard Kaseya Views.

The only additional step you need to do, once you create the view it to give the right security access on that view to the "Kaseya Reporting" user in SQL.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Is there any documentation on how we can do this?

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • No documentation, it's not really a supported feature. But they use standard SQL views and the way they access those views from scripts is left pretty standard so they can easily add views in the future and luckily we can to.

I posted a bit of an example on the following post.

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/28/t/5983.aspx

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca