Kaseya Community

Schedule force agent updates.

• Hi everyone,

Would be nice if we could schedule our agents to force an update from 5.0.0.0 to 5.1.0.0. At the moment, we only have a 'Run now' option.

Cheers,

Legacy Forum Name: Schedule force agent updates.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Agreed, would like to have this. It uses a significant amount of bandwidth to push out agents to all managed PCs and servers, I would like to have the ability to do this overnight or between certain hour ranges.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • I've found that you can edit the system script which calls a 'KClientUpdate.exe' on the local machine of the agent you scheduled it against. When I save a separate copy of this script however, it can't find that .exe. I've also checked the server and can't find it anywhere, so I can't run this manually.

Bit of a shame really.

I've just re-read my post before posting and realised it sounds a bit rambling. Its near the end of the day and I'm a bit gone.

• Go home, eat dinner, log into your KServer and run the update. Bill 15 minutes of time to all of your clients. Earn brownie points for working after hours Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • I managed to talk my boss into running updates on a bunch of machines before he goes home, as he's the last to leave.

So eh, that works!