Kaseya Community

Credential Management

• We're a small shop but we're already running into a need for credential management on our clients' servers. We want to use good password practices but that's tough when you have lots of systems to log into on a regular basis.

As the business owner I have some concerns about my responsibility to safeguard access to those systems. I need my engineers to be able to log in quickly but I also need to be able to turn that access off quickly in the event an employee leaves or security is compromised.

Terminal Services already has the ability to specify credentials when it is invoked. Why couldn't Kaseya store credentials and then provide them when remote control (at least through TS) is invoked?

Ideally, I want to Kaseya to:

1. Store server credentials.
    2. Supply those credentials automatically when remote control is invoked.
    3. Provide strong password generation tools.
    4. Allow for "mass" password changes.
    5. (Blue Sky) Integrate with a hardware token access mechanism so engineers can login "live" at the console too.

Tom

Legacy Forum Name: Credential Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • Am I the only one who is worried about this or just the only one who hasn't figured out how to do it?

This seems like such an obvious need that could be handled by Kaseya that I'm surprised it's not already there. I would think that this is becoming an issue for Kaseya itself now that they are offering 2nd level support services.

I hope others will chime in here so we can get this on the to-do list.

Tom

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • As an MSP with rotating Staff, it will be great if K has such feature.
    Cool

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: José L. Rodiño