Kaseya Community

Send Message Feature

• Remote Control -> Send Message, feature request.

We use this feature to report critical events such as outages and service restoration. A message is sent to all users. The messages are queued for all offline users. The problem I have is when the problem is fixed, users will still get the queued message unless I go back in and clear all the messages. It would be great to not have this added manual step. It is easily forgotton which confuses a user when a service is back up, but the message states it is down when they log on to their system or states that is back up, when they were not affected by the outage.

I propose an option, such as a checkbox, for "Skip if offline." This way, only currently online users get the message.

Legacy Forum Name: Send Message Feature,
    Legacy Posted By Username: DavidPoe
  • I agree that I would like that option, but since it doesn't exist the workaround I've used is to create an "Online Agents" view. Just select "Show machiens that have been online in the last 1 Min", and then when you select all, you'll only be selecting online agents.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • How about an option to set an expiration time for displaying the message. A message that says "The server will be down from 5pm until 7pm" could be set to expire at 7pm.

This way everyone gets the message if they are online before the time period ends but no one gets it after that.

Tom

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya