Kaseya Community

Feature Request for Developers Clients/Developers Feedback Needed

• As I stated in my previous Thread I am hoping to have a Feature Request form at the top of the Page and the Forum Administrators will push pin this. It is important that customers respond to the requests.

I will periodically edit this with all reqests. So if anyone has feature requests that the developers can easily see. Also I should be talking to the developers and/or project managers on a regular basis. So If anyone has a request that would like to have added to my feature requests list please email me. I will break it up under each module. drising@risinginc.net

• Audit

• Scripts

• Monitor
    • SYSLOG Monitoring - I use a product called KIWI Syslogs, it would be great if this was incorperated directly in the monitor with a addon. Syslog is better IMO than MIB monitoring. If you standardize your customers with the same firewalls you can start monitoring for intrusion detection. Syslog work on port 514 UDP so if the Kaseya was setup to accept 514 UDP and had KIWI as a addon then we could monitor customer intrusion, then I simply have to forward my company firewall to send all port 514 traffic to my KASEYA, or maybe it can be setup to go through the KASEYA port. Right now I am currently running the KIWI SYSLOGS on my Kaseya Server, the biggest problem is since I am parsing the logs on that server then it is showing all the clients firewalls are under my group instead of the customer group I created. I have a host file on my server that keeps all customers IP addresses, so the syslog will know that IP address goes to firewall.groupname. If I parse a log that is for *.groupname it should know to set that alert for that customer. So I can run reports and tell my customer how many times their group has had attempted intusions and we have blocked it.
      2. Gateway Monitoring:I would like away to monitor that a GATEWAY is up/down. Also a place under the gateway to save contact info for the ISP. Ping ext does not always work because of denial of attack people block icmp. Getting alerts about the server being down will not tell me if it is the internet being down or if my server is down. If the Gateway is unavailable it should alert only on it. Not on it and the server down as well.

• Ticketing

• Patch Management

• Remote Control
    • Multiple user terminal services: I see a big need to be able to allow my customers to use Terminal Services, also to allow more than one user to be able to access a server that is set to terminal services mode at the same time. Users access servers via terminal services when offsite remotely to perform their job. Right now consultants have two options invest in costly Firewalls and install VPN clients on PC's very time consuming and they can only access from PC's that have the client installed on, or we open up port 3389 on their firewall and they remote desktop into the server. This opens a hole on their network, where clear text can go through potentially giving up passwords. Giving customers a secure solution would be huge. And would make our product even better than it is now.
      2. FTP Disable feature: I would like the ability to disable the FTP feature for customers, some clients would not want their employees to have this ability, because of HIPAA, SOX, etc. It could also put me as a client at risk of a lawsuit if Customer information got out by a disgruntle employee. I would love to have a feature that if you give a customer permission to remote and to FTP, that a email would be generated to the customers main contact and they would have to go in approve and/or deny permission. That way if information was ever leaked out by a disgruntle employee we have the approval on record from managment at that customer. The main thing here though is to be able to disable FTP, but yet give them remote access permission.
      3. Chat Features: In the chat window it should display the user name and not the machine name so we would know who we are talking to. I would also like for Users within the same group to be able to chat with each other. If they right-click on the agent toolbar there should be a chat option. This would then bring up a limited IE browser with a list of users that it pulls from A/D that is tied to that group based on who is logged in. This would be a great secure feature, customers currently install MSN, AOL, Yahoo, to communicate with each other and this can open them up to risks. So it would be better if we could control that, and it is an enhancement that makes our products better. All the group users should see any online administrators that we have online if they need to comminucate with us. Also the biggest problem I have since Chat uses the customers IE it will pop up with all their add-ons I would like for it to open a scaled down version of IE all toolbars, add-ons, and button disabled, because alot of times customers thinks it is a pop up and will close it. Also at times it will open on their taskbar and they will not notice it is down there. If I send a chat message to a customer it should be forced to pop up on their desktop, if I respond to a open one it should start flashing, also there should be a way to disable to close the window unless they end the chat.
      4. Better Remote Control Options: My biggest problem with remote control is VNC is a ok product for administrators, but it is not one that should be used for customers to access their computers. They cant map printers back to their location. I am not a fan of PC Anywhere, or the other choices on the desktop level. I wish that you would give me an option to assign urls. So customers can login and when they click remote control it will use a url that I have used. There is a company out there that is superior in remote control, and I know that they have partnered with three other MSP distributors for being there remote control product. I will keep there name out of this forum and would like to discuss this in person with the developers. But if there was a way to partner with this company would certainly put Kaseya as the best MSP on the market.

• Backup
    • Backup Exchange: We need the ability to backup Exchange at the USER Mailbox level, at times a customer will call and say well we accidently deleted this email, and need to have it recovered. This is huge. If Acronis cant do that maybe another product could be integrated rbackup for that functionality.

• Security
    • Better SPYWARE/Virus Removal: I would like better removal features. Also a hotline to call into AVG for support. I tried to contact them and since I did not buy directly from them I dont have contract number to call them. Also their should be away to go under your security tab and see a list of the top 10 hot viruses and spyware that has been reported by AVG, etc. I currently have that on my website, so customers could go look at the biggests threats out there, and also if the threat level changes. If a huge threat hits the internet if AVG has a RSS feed we should be able to receive notification of it, and we should have the option to allow a pop up a warning to our customers of this threat or not. We should be the first to know about new threats, etc so we can inform our customers. AVG has three RSS's available we should be able to see these feeds under the security section. Also set it to email notifications if we would like on a new three. http://www.grisoft.com/ww.rss
      2. SPAM PROTECTION: Spam has become a bigger problem for customers than Viruses and Spyware. On average 1 hour a day is wasted on SPAM, this is huge to be able to provide a sound solution. I currently have to use a third party product called GFI MailEssentials I would love for either AVG to have a great updated SPAM version or Kaseya to work with GFI to provide a sound SPAM solution. The only limitation of GFI MailEssentials is that the customer has to have a Exchange server, so POP3 customers could not use this, now maybe the new 8.0 AVG that we will be upgrading to will hopefully have SPAM for both Exchange and POP users included and if so then problem resolved. If not I that Kaseya will work with GFI to see if this can be integrated in, and for non exchange users to maybe bring in something like SPAMPAL which is a free spam blocking software. For both I would be able to report to my customers under the security tab how much spam we are blocking for them and for us as administrators to be able to easily add to the whitelist/blacklist, also give the customers the ability to add their own to the central whitelist/blacklist based on their group. To websites to check out for this is http://www.gfi.com/mes/ for exchange and http://www.spampal.org/ for POP3 users.

• Reports
    • More Report Options:I would like to have more report ability to build my own reports.
      2. Security Reporting:I would like a report that would tell me what clients have not update their signature files in a predetermined set of time that I have set, also the same for the last time they run a full scan.

• Agent
    • PROFILE: User Profile should be integrated to pull everytime the user logs in to the computer if the are a active directory customer, grant it if they dont have A/D they would have to be done manually. Users move around from computer to computer alot at some clients this would make it easier to get a hold of the correct user. Also employees are hired and fired. Having to get users to manually do this is very time consuming and alot of time does not get done. All of this info is already stored in A/D.

• System

• Other Requests
      1. Be able to track tickets and keep up with tickets that I open up with Kaseya in my console. So it would like and pull all ticket statuses in my kaseya login.

Legacy Forum Name: Feature Request for Developers Clients/Developers Feedback Needed,
    Legacy Posted By Username: drising
  • Would like to have the ability to add an alert to the ignore list I have
    created from the alert page. In other words I want the function to not
    only acknowledge an alert to clear it off the screen, I would like to
    add it to my ignore list from there. It should give you an option to
    ignore only for that computer or for all computers

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: drising
  • Here a few ideas off the top of my head:

* Support for LogMeIn as the remote control method
    * Ability to add custom entries to the agent menu. I would like to ability to run selected (installed) programs from the menu.
    * A script option to perform a task after reboot

I'm sure I'll think of others...

Legacy Posted By Username: lowray1975
  • Ticketing - full integration with 3rd party ticketing via the API (i.e. ConnectWise, AutoTask, Tigerpaw, etc.)
    Audit - perform partial audit (i.e. hw only, sw only)
    - licensing metering (enter license count and alert on threshold)
    Monitor - accept SNMP traps at the agent level
    - LAN Watch not limited to local subnet
    - LAN Watch of multiple ranges (probe style)
    - Kaseya built SNMP Sets for common devices (Cisco routers, firewalls, switches, and WAPs, Juniper routers, HP switches, WAPs, etc.)
    Reporting - Filter reports by time and/or day (i.e. business hours only, Mon-Sat only, etc.)
    - uptime % (also filter capable)
    Agent - rename PC (in Windows)
    - control Domain/Workgroup membership (in Windows)
    - agent menu support for MAILTO links (we have to use a custom webpage link for this)
    Security - integration with 3rd party AV not packaged by Kaseya (Symantec, McAfee, Trend Micro, etc.) that could be different across groups/agents but all supported
    - HIDS/HIPS integration (Cisco NAC, Microsoft NAP, etc.)
    - password policy enforcement/reporting (AD GPO or Local Security Policy)
    Patch Management - 3rd party patches (Java VM, Adobe, etc.)
    - scheduling on xth day of month (every 3rd Friday, 1st day of month, 1st and 3rd Tuesday, etc.)
    Remote Control - easy login and audit of end-user Teminal Services (link an AD user to an agent and their login only shows their PC without having to group it by itself manually)
    - FTP with authentication (ask for login so FTP will have access to files locked out normally) - also for end-user possibly

Also some form of Sharepoint integration for file sharing instead of the limited document feature.

Legacy Posted By Username: jilderton
  • Im with jilderton on the scheduling idea
    Would make things a hell of a lot easier.

this is one of my biggest anoyances within kaseya

Legacy Posted By Username: matt82
  • I would love to see the API get far more functionalities regarding database interaction with alarms/tickets and what not.

We have been struggeling for some time, intergrating the API in our own custom developed back-up result check program. What we really want to be able to do, is trigger alarms on designated servers where the back-up for example has failed. Due to structural problems we cannot simply distribute logs to those servers and apply Log parsers.

We would simply want to be able to interact with the database from a centralized point (our application). Let us simply create alarms/tickets from the API. Shouldnt be that hard to do since there are stored procedures on the database that can be hooked up to the API if I'm not mistakin' ofcourse.

Legacy Posted By Username: Bert Hoogschagen
  • Bert Hoogschagen
    I would love to see the API get far more functionalities regarding database interaction with alarms/tickets and what not.

Hear, Hear!!! We really need more API functionality. I would like to be able to update machine profiles, create custom installation packages, query for # of computers within a group or sub-group, query for machine collection membership information - all from the API.

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • [QUOTE=RCS-Michael;29577]Hear, Hear!!! We really need more API functionality. I would like to be able to update machine profiles, create custom installation packages, query for # of computers within a group or sub-group, query for machine collection membership information - all from the API.[/QUOTE]

Querying is not a problem, you have database and provided views as well.
    For now i didn't found any information that I could not get from database (with a little help of rev. engineering) .

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • rudi
    Querying is not a problem, you have database and provided views as well.
    For now i didn't found any information that I could not get from database (with a little help of rev. engineering) .

Using the views can be clunky when performing queries programmatically. I would like the ability to do so via the web service so that the results are easier to consume and process.

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • GoToMeeting or WebEx type functionality would be great way to help us sell the product.

Legacy Posted By Username: kfeathers
  • lowray1975
    Here a few ideas off the top of my head:

* Support for LogMeIn as the remote control method

Definitely agree. VNC is like DOS in comparison -- slow and clunky. I got Logmein Rescue before I got Kaseya, and I don't think I can stand to give it up.

BTW, I hear Zenith uses it now... ;-}

/kenw

Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein