Kaseya Community

Different FROM Email Addresses for Each Machine Groups

• I had posted this a while back, and thought I'd raise my hand again, as it would definately be a nice feature to have... how about allowing us to enter a different FROM email address at the machine group level in Kaseya. Currently, it uses 'Specify email alert sender address' from the System/Configure screen.

What happens is that when Kaseya generates on alert, like server offline, an email gets generated with that 'email alert sender address' in the FROM field and is sent to my helpdek app, ConnectWise, which then creates a generic helpdesk ticket.

If I could specify a different email address per machine group, I could add that company's primary contact email address instead, which would then create a ticket for that company, and not a generic. This, in turn, would notify the appropriately assigned tech to that company.

I suppose not everyone would want that feature, so if you had an 'if empty, then use the default alert sender address', they would be taken care of.

What do you think?

Legacy Forum Name: Different FROM Email Addresses for Each Machine Groups,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pcteamadmin
  • This feature is used by EventSentry and many other notification tools. Then you can also sort it in Outlook a little easier.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jbock@integrityrochester.com
  • Only way I can think of is to use the format email option to add the group ID
    to the subject line or body and use Email2DB to parse the email at your own exchange before passing it to Connectwise. Have the Group ID match a client account field in CW.

Legacy Posted By Username: T2Craig
  • We use a slightly different approach with ticketing from Kaseya and putting it in the correct areas of connectwise. We have boards setup in connectwise for Server....workstation...etc. In Kaseya we have all workstation tickets sent in to connectwise to a specific email address (email connector) that matches the board...so all server tickets get put on the "Server" board...all workstation tickets get put on the workstation board...then in connectwise a routine runs every 5 minutes to assign any unassigned tickets on the board to the senior responsible technician. Then they can work the issue or assign it to a technician to work. We have a general "Dispatch" board that handles all general emails from clients...or general issues...but overall we only have to handle about 2 or 3 tickets a day that doesn't fit the catagories we have established.

This works great for getting the tickets to the correct board/team quickly but we still have to assign it to the correct company it relates to.

Legacy Posted By Username: support@dg-pro.com