Kaseya Community

Use external SMTP gateway for email

• I would like to be able to have Kaseya use th SMTP gateway on our mail server, rather than using its own server. The reasons for this are:-

1) All mail from our domain would be seen as coming from our Exchange server. Therefore Kaseya email alerts, reorts etc are less likely to get blocked by Spam filters.

2) It would mean that our standard footers, disclaimers etc were automatically appended.

i.e. We can continue to build and reinforce our brand, and comply with UK law.

Legacy Forum Name: Use external SMTP gateway for email,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • You can just use the IIS/SMTP smarthost feature on the Kaseya server to relay through your exchange server?

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: SADAsystems
  • Yes, this should work perfectly.

Legacy Posted By Username: itss
  • SADAsystems
    You can just use the IIS/SMTP smarthost feature on the Kaseya server to relay through your exchange server?

This is how I set mine up since I wanted all notification emails to go through my Email2DB server regardless of their destination.

You add a smarthost entry to the SMTP server on the KServer. If you need to force it to resolve to a certain IP, you can always add an entry to the HOSTS file on the Kserver.

Legacy Posted By Username: brendan