Kaseya Community

States on Alerts and System Checks

• I have read the new announcement on Alerts and Monitor sets, and I am still very disappointed that Alerts and System Checks dont have a state and arent automatically cleared. While the example given of an Event Log message is true that it is stateless, many of the others definitely do have a state, eg a ping check is either succeeding (green) or failing (red). A Low disk alert is either indicating a low disk condition (Red) or it isnt (Green).

In fact all of the System Checks would appear to have two states, and several important Alerts, particularly the most critical to me, Agent Status and to a lesser extent Low Disk, Backup Failure and Script Failure all have a status of true or false.

It would be much more useful to be able to see all of these these alerts on the dashlet as red/green, and have them reset when they are no longer occurring.

Legacy Forum Name: States on Alerts and System Checks,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dmaunder
  • Personally, I would like to see this all in one place. It looks like, from the announcement, that there is going to be another dashlet. Pretty soon, I will need 10 monitors just to display current conditions.

The clock by my bed is an alarm - I can turn it off, snooze it or ignore it until it goes away (usually 59 minutes).
    The flag on my mailbox is an alert and goes up until it is acknowledged - usually by the postal carrier.

My wish for Kaseya would be as follows:
    A) Have the Network Status monitor display conditions with four colors (something along these lines)

1. Green=no probs
    2. Yellow=Alerts
    3. Orange=Alarms
    4. Red=both Alerts and Alarms

B) Click on the Network Icon and drill down to the individual machines - again, the same colors for the individual machines.

C) Click on the machine and drill down into the lists or issues. Have a two column list - one side Alerts, one side Alarms

D) For Alarms - actions include

1. dismiss alarm (turn off/ignore)
    2. snooze alarm (given time to fix issue)
    3. delete alarm (removes the record of the alarm completely - this is helpful when we cause the alarm doing something but don't want it included in our reporting)

E) For Alerts - actions include

1. dismiss alert (ignore)
    2. Close alert (mark as taken care of)
    3. delete alert (removes the record)

BOTH alarms and alerts should have a "notes" section that can be filled in whenever any status is changed or just to associate a note with the alarm/alert.

To me, this seems like an "elegant" solution to addressing both areas while maintaining consistency through the product.

Legacy Forum Name: Virtual Systems Administrator Core Functionality,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
  • I have the same wish list. I couldn't of requested it any better.

Legacy Posted By Username: Blackdog1034
  • One thing I'd like to add: Can the "alarm count for the last " be more configurable.

If indeed a "clear" alarm feature is added back in, can you also allow us to set the period to "all" or at least "1 day" as opposed to the 1 hour max that is there now.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • Nicely stated, now why cant Kaseya just ask us customers about this before they lumber off and create another mess like this???

Legacy Posted By Username: bradley@itelework.com
  • I also agree that the requests made above would be great! I also agree that possibly a more extensive BETA testing program by Kaseya would be a good investment as they may loose a few customers with this 2008 release...

Legacy Posted By Username: scott.wilmesmeier
  • My feelings are the same on the alerting. The recent change has really disrupted our flow here. The alert screens are unusable the way they are and the fact that we can't delete/dismiss/close an event log alert has caused me to stop creating alerts for them and only send them to email. Now I get WAY TO MANY emails but at least I can move them to a different folder to inform the rest of the staff that it has been loooked at. This is going backwards as far as progress and has caused an enormous amount of work.

Legacy Posted By Username: WayneL@P-Connect.com
  • Has anyone heard when this hotfix will be released? We have 1000's of events that need to be dismissed...

Legacy Posted By Username: Netconex
  • Hi,

I'm a new program manager here at Kaseya. I'm working on the next version of monitoring as well as fixing some of the problems we are experiencing today.

I'm pulling together a conference call around the topic of alerts and alarms. I'd love to include you on the call.

Is this of interest to you and would you have time this week (i.e. Tues) to discuss?

Jeff

(Feel free to email me directly)

jeff.keyes@kaseya.com

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Jeff,

Thanks for the follow-up. I sent you a private email with my contact information for the conference call.

Legacy Posted By Username: Netconex
  • Some done already?
    I have a basic performance set on my servers.
    Earlier i alarmed the memory if it was under 300Mb's.
    I changed it to 200Mb's bur still get alarms with values like 256 or 228.
    Dissmissed alarms get back.
    Can I delete them.
    Echt alarm doesn't have a alarmid?
    Something i have to do?

Legacy Posted By Username: mkoers