Kaseya Community

Configuring and deploying proxy settings to Agent

• Hi,

im trying to set up our agents to use the clients proxy so that they can check back in and we can remotely manage them from the office.

went ahead and did the easter egg thing:

thread 1

and set the value but saw no data change or even attempt to be pushed to the client.

The question is:

1- how do i propagate these chanes to the agent (can i manually change the kaseyaD.ini file for example)

2- is there some way for the server to spin up a patch for me to send to the client (via email for example) and execute there?

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Configuring and deploying proxy settings to Agent,
    Legacy Posted By Username: eddie
  • eddie
    Hi,

im trying to set up our agents to use the clients proxy so that they can check back in and we can remotely manage them from the office.

went ahead and did the easter egg thing:

thread 1

and set the value but saw no data change or even attempt to be pushed to the client.

The question is:

1- how do i propagate these chanes to the agent (can i manually change the kaseyaD.ini file for example)

2- is there some way for the server to spin up a patch for me to send to the client (via email for example) and execute there?

Thanks

I take it you are talking about normal agent to Kserver communication?

If so then most proper proxies only filter web based traffic (port 80 etc) so the proxy should not prevent the agent from talking to the kserver. Our senior engineer however likes to block all internet traffic except for the proxy server at the firewall so I would look at the firewall if you have one.

Also if you have this type of setup make sure to also setup a centralized patch store on an agent managed system that has direct access.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ChrisVisser