Kaseya Community

Agent down alert by email

• Good afternoon,
    Could please anybody give me some suggestion about this:

I would like to receive alerts when the agents are down for 5 minutes and realarm at every 5 hours.

I went to
    Monitor> Agent Monitoring>Alerts

From Select Alert Function: Agent Status

I checked Create Alarm & Email Recipients ( in here I wrote my email address)

But nothing, I do not receive any alert emails at all , I have switch off two machines and no emails yet.
    I have been testing this for a long time, what I am missing?

Thank you very much,
    Ana

p.s. I have read in a previous post that I should go to Agent>Machine Status> Event Log Settings but I am not aimimg at collecting logs just the agent status.

Legacy Forum Name: Agent down alert by email,
    Legacy Posted By Username: anbant
  • Don't wanna kick in an open door here but just to be sure...

you did check: Agent had not checked in for X minutes & rearm time right?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer
  • Hans den Boer
    Don't wanna kick in an open door here but just to be sure...

you did check: Agent had not checked in for X minutes & rearm time right?

I totally didn't want to go down that road, but since Mr. Hans did, now I have to ask, are you getting any other alerts via email?

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    I totally didn't want to go down that road, but since Mr. Hans did, now I have to ask, are you getting any other alerts via email?

LOL SmileSmileSmile

Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer
  • Hi Hans and 1320,

I understand as a newbie I have to be asked the basics Sad

but the answer is yes,
    I had checked the box : Agent has no checked in for 5 min and realarm after 5 hours.

I stated this at the beginning of my postSmile

and no 1320 I have not received alerts, I checked exchange settings with the exchange admin, the antispam is not blocking anything neither.

So I know I am missing something but I have gone through my KB and nothing seems to help Sad

something else I should look at?
    thanks,
    Ana

• anbant
    Hi Hans and 1320,

I understand as a newbie I have to be asked the basics Sad

but the answer is yes,
    I had checked the box : Agent has no checked in for 5 min and realarm after 5 hours.

I stated this at the beginning of my postSmile

and no 1320 I have not received alerts, I checked exchange settings with the exchange admin, the antispam is not blocking anything neither.

So I know I am missing something but I have gone through my KB and nothing seems to help Sad

something else I should look at?
    thanks,
    Ana

OK, Since you're not getting any email alerts I would look into the email connector and make sure its set up correctly.

EDIT: I'm not sure what version of K you're using so... If you're on K2 go to
    System |> Server Management > Outbound Email
    Doublecheck your settings there and on your exchange server make sure you're allowing the relay from the IP of your Kserver.

• Thank you 1320,
    I have Kaseya 2008 5.1 , I check within System>Configure I run a test email to my email and nothing,
    after I followed your suggestion to check the relay, but the problem might be other security features we are checking right now,

I will report back as soon as we found the solution for this.
    Thanks

Ana

• anbant
    Thank you 1320,
    I have Kaseya 2008 5.1 , I check within System>Configure I run a test email to my email and nothing,
    after I followed your suggestion to check the relay, but the problem might be other security features we are checking right now,

I will report back as soon as we found the solution for this.
    Thanks

Ana

Please do, one other thing that I've found that hindered email was the firewall on our exchange server decided to turn itself on once...

• Anbant,

Have you ensured the Microsoft SMTP service is installed on your Kaseya server?

Regards,
    Chris

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • Can you telnet to port 25 of your mail server from the desktop/console of the Kaseya web server? This will tell you if the traffic is allowed fully or not.

If you can connect via telnet (you will see a black screen or mail headers appear as opposed to a connection denied/failed error) and you are looking for other places to check, you might also setup a smart host (to the IP of the Exchange/mail server) on the SMTP virtual server of the Kaseya web server. This will attempt direct delivery in case your Kaseya web server is having issues resolving to the mail server. Are the Kaseya web server and mail server both behind the same Internet address/firewall? The mail server IP address would differ depending on this answer (internal vs external address).

Legacy Posted By Username: jwhitford
  • @1320, Cris, jwhitford,

Reporting back,
    going through this document :
    http://portalgc.knowledgebase.net/article.aspx?article=301607&p=11855

the problem is in the connection between the exchange server and the kserver, they are in different networks so as 1320 mentioned he had a problem with the FW I have the same issue.

but I think one fast solution could be to set another network card to the exchange server that is in the same network that the kserver. It might not represent anny issue with clients that are cheking in to the Kaseya server, or I am missing something here?

• anbant
    @1320, Cris, jwhitford,

Reporting back,
    going through this document :
    http://portalgc.knowledgebase.net/article.aspx?article=301607&p=11855

the problem is in the connection between the exchange server and the kserver, they are in different networks so as 1320 mentioned he had a problem with the FW I have the same issue.

but I think one fast solution could be to set another network card to the exchange server that is in the same network that the kserver. It might not represent anny issue with clients that are cheking in to the Kaseya server, or I am missing something here?

I'm not so sure that will work, you may want to contact support to find out if it will... but it is an easy thing to check so maybe give it a shot.

• you are right 1320, it would be better to double check with support I create a ticket.
    But now there is a change, the exchange admin do not approve to install another network card in the excahnge server, so now I need to install the second network card in the Kaseya Server, my biggest concern is how the clients will check-in, I have to follow up this with support.

• anbant
    you are right 1320, it would be better to double check with support I create a ticket.
    But now there is a change, the exchange admin do not approve to install another network card in the excahnge server, so now I need to install the second network card in the Kaseya Server, my biggest concern is how the clients will check-in, I have to follow up this with support.

Call them it'll be faster Smile...

Anywho, I would try it anyways... "just to see" lol

• I have not forgotten in reporting back, after solving the issue in the firewall I have connection between the Kaseya server and the Exchange server but still I was not receiving emails.

After going through again the complete troubleshooting document:
    http://portalgc.knowledgebase.net/display/2/index.aspx?c=13584&cpc=VmyPDB553qMt523R1NY530wvqQ4UxgJ6eu2xljWW&cid=11855&cat=&catURL=&r=0.593421816825867

The solution was to reinstall the SMTP service, now it is working fine.
    Thank you very much for your help and I hope this post will help someone else in the same situation.
    Ana