Kaseya Community

UP alerts and auto closed alarms?

• I'm new to K2, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get an UP message and get the alerts to auto clear off the dashboard when they are resolved.
    Basically what I want is:
    1. If "Print spooler" goes down send me an email and put an alert on the dashboard.
    2. Then when the service is started, either manually or automatically, send a message that the service is up, and clear the alert from the dashboard.

I've used several other monitoring systems and they've all had this ability, so I feel like I've got to be missing something. There's even an email template that can be edited for "Monitoring exit alarm state notification".

I hope this exists and I'm not asking for something that doesn't...

Legacy Forum Name: UP alerts and auto closed alarms?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: foodandbikes
  • If it does exist, I havent heard of it but would love to have it.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Coldfirex
    If it does exist, I havent heard of it but would love to have it.

AFAIK the only way to clear the dash board is to close the alert... I haven't seen away to automatically do this.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Automatically closing alarms cannot be done natively.
    Even if a ticket associated with an alarm is closed the alarm does not close.

I have not got this to work, but I have seen mention of SOAP programming being a way to close alarms.
    This method is used by some vendors to close tickets in kaseya

Legacy Posted By Username: garry
  • Thanks for the replies guys. Bummer to hear the system can't do what most other systems have always done.

I wonder then what the purpose of the "Monitoring exit alarm state notification" is for then.

Legacy Posted By Username: foodandbikes
  • Anyone got a solution for this? It would be awesome if this could work.

• I would love to see the ability to scan for alarms that no longer meet the alarm criteria and close based upon those settings.

• Does this function exist in 6.3? If so? I haven't found it yet.

• In the system tab under configure there is an option to  "Enable auto close of alarms and tickets"

The description given: If checked, open alarms and tickets for monitor sets and offline alerts are automatically close when the alert condition no longer exists. Offline alerts are configured using Agent Status alerts.

• Cyberling, So this is in version 6.3? If so that would be amazing, we plan on upgrading this weekend.

• This is exactly what I'm after, but if it's in 6.3 on the SaaS platform, I'm buggered if I can find it.

• You can find more information here; help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

Under 'System > Server Management > Configure' you can find "Enable auto close of alarms and tickets"

• Thanks for the quick reply Fredric, but unfortunately, that option is not there for me. My system menu is as below:-

I guess it's just us SaaS users being short changed again.

• tAh I see, you have asked this question before... (community.kaseya.com/.../18174.aspx) . Well, it might not exist in SaaS..

• Yes I did earlier on today. I have just had it confirmed by support that this page has been removed from the SaaS platform and is not available to us. Awesome.